Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:censored: me,i can't :censored: believe it!!!

my wife was at work tonight and a couple of local cops came in for some pizza. well she recognized that one was a local officer that patrols around our house. well you know, i've been dying to find somewhere closer to home to go shooting instead of having to drive 60 miles to the closest shooting range, and she hates the whole $10 per person thing (thats $40 for us and that gets expensive, especially as much as i try to get some shooting in) so she asked them about me shooting here at the house. and i'll be :censored: :censored:, there's no city ordinance in my town against shooting. they told her to make sure i have it set up safely, so that no one is any apparent danger when then neighbors send them out. (shooting towards the neighbors houses etc..) and they would take care of any :censored: neighbors!!! holy :censored:, i never would have believed! so be expecting more links to video's of me and my Redhawk on youtube to be popping up, and i hope you enjoy them!

just so you know why i put it in the reload forum- well, because i couldn't think were to put it! but i am about to be doing a whole lot more reloading!!!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Lucky *******!!!! We have a city ord. against shooting firearms......prissy city people.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Probably belongs in The Powder Keg, to answer your conundrum...

...but that's awesome you lucky guy!

Wish I could do that, but I'm in an urban/suburban area with houses in 360 degrees.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cool, if one of the mods wants to move it feel free!(hey wait a minute this IS gun related! how could it BE anymore gun related?)

i'm so happy, you'd think i just got laid! :sasmokin:

it's gonna be a noisy day tommorrow!!!:headbang:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
You're right, my bad.:spank: It's where a lot of generic stuff goes anyways.:D

Since this is mainly for your revolver, it might belong in General Firearms>General Handgun.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
that's awesome, and it makes me appreciate having the free range within 10 miles hearing about you having to go 60 miles to pay $10 for range use

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Good luck.I hope you dont wind up like me shortly after I moved in here.I had dirt hauled in on the back side of the lot so I could have a backstop.I only wanted it so I could try loads or a gun that was not working right.The law specifys you must be 450ft from a dwelling to fire a firearm but that doesnt include recreational shooting.So I was legal.I had a 30rnd mag for a mini 14 that wasnt working so I would go out and try it and go in and work on the lips.The third time it worked all 30rds and that is when the State Police showed up.They checked me out for safety and legality and said I was okay.This was great but when I checked with my neighbors they said they werent accustomed to someone shooting loud guns next to them.I have to live in society and with my neighbors so I stopped shooting at my house even tho I was legal.Fortunatly a friend owns 125acres directly behind me and there is a big pile of dirt at the back side.Now the closest I get to neighbors houses is 300yds but now and then I have one that drinks a lot that raises h###.The others say they dont mind.The State Police were great about it but I still had to get along with my neighbors. samuel.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
YEP decep you likely to become popular in the wrong way. Personaly I would'nt do it for the same reasons samuel mentioned.
If you live in the city and thiers neighborhoods around expect backlash from the hood...just my thughts...A.H

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
before i was even worried about the police, i went and asked all of my neighbors if they would mind if i shot my "loudass" .44 back here on my land. all of them were cool with it but one. ****, one of them even asked if he could come down with his .22 once i had asked the rest of the neighbors. if all of the neighbors had said it was cool, i wasn't going to even worry about the local laws! since the one of them did, then it became a concern. if he had given me a legitimate concern as for why he didn't want anyone shooting in the area, i would have let it be! he was an :censored:, and gave me a little attitude and rude responses so he removed himself from the "i care about your opinion" bracket! the main thing that sealed the deal was that someone very close by has been shooting alot lately. we don't know where exactly but they're hasn't been any law out here! so i'll see what happens, i'll be shooting today, most likely!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Go fer it dceptiv!!! Let us know how that particular neighbor (cough cough) responds!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Holy crap. Im callin my police station.
You're kidding, right Gio?...

Your "My Location" pin puts you dead in the middle of a suburb of New Castle. Unless you're talkin' about going out into the woods around you there.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
It's an everlovin' fact that the best cure for most neighbors is to invite 'em over to shoot with you. You might even try it with the uncooperative one. Probably won't work with him, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I didn't see nothink, I know, nothink, I didn't hear nothink.

From Sgt Schultz's Lament

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
where i live you can shoot anywhere as long as its a safe target!
the shooting range is next to the courthouse !!!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
A lil off topic but what exactly is a "SAFE" target.... Do you mean it's unarmed and can't shoot back or what?? (sorry a silly spell took me fer a moment)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts