Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lever action 45/70 carbine that can take on any kind of game can also take on any kind of weather. Our best-selling Model 1895G Guide Gun is available in stainless steel. The receiver, barrel and all major metal parts are machined from stainless steel, and most other metal parts are nickel-plated. It features an 18.5" stainless steel barrel with Ballard-type cut rifling, a 4-shot tubular magazine, an adjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear sight and ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan™ hood. The stock is American black walnut with cut checkering and a ventilated recoil pad.

Caliber45/70 Gov't. Capacity4-shot tubular magazineActionLever action; side ejection; stainless steel receiver, barrel, lever, trigger guard plate, magazine tube and loading gate. Hammer block safety.StockAmerican black walnut straight-grip stock; cut checkering; ventilated recoil pad; tough Mar-Shield® finish; swivel studs.Barrel18.5" with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling (6 grooves).Twist Rate 1:20" r.h.SightsAdjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear, ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan™ hood. Solid top receiver tapped for scope mount; offset hammer spur (right or left hand) for scope use.Overall Length37"Weight7 lbs.

I just bought one of these for 500!!!!!!! i cant wait till i pay it off! btw i am addicted to guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am excited supposedly i can chop down large trees with this gun so you know im gonna try to

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
The blued version of this rifle is on my want list. Ahhh well maybe some day.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Great looking gun. What did the 100 rounds of ammo cost?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think 115 i cant remeber ill have to check and get back to you

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Mine is Blued and not as fancy, but a Great bear gun to say the least.
They are a fine shooter .
I have the Same disease....Collectemallitis !!!
Congrats on a Great Choice.
Rich

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I like the sound of cut riflings.A weakness Marlin had was microgroove in their hi-powers.Worked great in .22,s but not so good in hp,s sam.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You gonna scope it KR or just get the ghost peep sight from XS. I have the blued one like it and haven't decided which way to go with the sight set up, these 60 year old eyes ain't as good as they used to be so might end up scoping it, what set up would you use?

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
I carry my 1895G into the woods for whatever I run into, deer or elk, and mainly as a protection from aggressive bears on camping trips.

It's great to take out plinking as well, with a fresh box of reloads. My wife thinks it's over-kill for me to plink with it...but, she's plinking right beside me with an 1894 44.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Recoil will injure your shoulder

Recoil, pain, shoulder wear and tear, muzzle blast,
and a fast track to teaching you to flinch.

Have you really thought this out???

·
Wonderment :)
33,583 Posts
follow

knightRider: Sir; what happened:feedback: Were you just teasing:)
:feedback: Sir; we need:feedback:
Sir; when you get time; follow up:)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
Recoil, pain, shoulder wear and tear, muzzle blast,
and a fast track to teaching you to flinch.

Have you really thought this out???
he already bought it.
if i thought things through i wouldnt own half the guns i do!:09:

my last impulse buy? .454 casull

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I read an article by Brian Pierce about hunting in Africa with a .45-70 and he had it loaded up to the equivelant of a weak .458win.He brought water buffalo down with total penetration of the body.Thats really hot loads. sam.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts