close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I drank the cool aid.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by alleyyooper, Nov 14, 2017.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Have been hearing for years about free dinners for veterans at restaurants. No changing my mind on it but feel it is a scam. Most places have a special menu My brother reports for what the vet can order and you have to pay for your, wife, girl friend, husband or boy friends meal. Way I feel is I would not normally take thre wife out for veterans day dinner because of a free meal. I know many of you think it is the cats jazz a free meal.
    But when yoiu think of all the paid for meals that are sold to the above listed wives and so forth the resturant didn't give you a dimes worth of food that cut into their profit.

But in Saturdays new paper a bar in town noted for their food affered a 12" 3 topping pizza to a Vet not just on Sunday but from the 12th of Nov to thre 18th. No perchuse nesserry even the drinks were free for your wife, girl friend, hubby or boy friend. Now that is a veterans deal way i see it as a man and a woman can share a 12" pizza and be satisfied. The owner made it a point to come and shake every vets hand and thank them for their service.

Now I felt that was a deal for vets and really showed apperation for our service.

You can bet when we attend a car show in that town next year we will be eatting supper there.
    A owner that isn't out to raise his bottom line is my kind of man.

:D Al

2. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

We did the local Golden Corral dinner last night. The local DAV chapter was there helping to seat guests and bus tables. They were also checking one's veteran credentials at the front door and were indiscriminately giving spouses the token for a free meal. The only charges were for children over 3. My older daughter is not quite there, so all of us ate for the price of a tip.

TNPIRATE, ncnascarlady and PAPA G like this.

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

While we had a Golden Corral, I never went for the free meal, I did not want to pay for my family members that went along.

Somerset lost Golden Corral a couple years ago. It was very strange. It was sued and lost, part of the penalty's was that they had to close down, and raze their building!!! I did a whole lot of searching for more answers, but found none!!!! Strange that there were no other reports with more details!

shanebrews likes this.