I dunno Klaus...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Aug 21, 2002.

1. from reading your very first post you clearly mentioned the Marine Corp...to me that is an entire entity's honor that was slammed.....not a few soldiers.

I was gonna stay outta this one...but, I thought, perhaps, I needed to point out an inconsistant comment for a change......rather than having them pointed out to me....he he he he.

C'mon own up.....people can read, lol.

I know the Admin. is gonna squash me on this but I don't care to see a stop put to a thread when someone is getting kicked down when they don't deserve it...and when some are allowed to speak their minds and then not others.......oh well.

Ain't gonna be the first time I tell it like I see it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2002
  2. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Dale, "Semper Fidelis" means "Always Faithful". The ENTIRE thread was about the Marine Corp. It is the Marine Corp's hymn.

3. Hank Springer

Hank Springer Guest

Almost Right Klause

Klause, You got it partially right. The motto is "Always Faithful. Faithful to GOD, Country, Family and Corps."

4. Klaus

Klaus Guest

I had it 100% right. Semper Fidelis is Latin for "Always Faithful" with "We are" implied.

5. BenP

BenP Guest

I prefer "Semper Peratis" even though the Coast Guard uses it.

"Always Prepared"

6. Eric

Eric Guest

Fist-to-cuffs over latin? maybe over God, country, family and the Corps......but latin!

7. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Nah, it was just that Hank somehow got the impression that I was dissing the Corps. I was objecting to the annoying ads where where they keep harping on how faithful and honorable they are; I mentioned a highly publicised and outrageous incident that contradicted the ad campaign. Actually, it was a whole string of incidents. Well, anyway, I never said all Marines were like that; I was only disputing that the ENTIRE MARINE CORPS was as pure as the driven snow. There are some scumbags in th Army, Navy, Air Force, AND Marines. Heck, there are probably some even in Congress.

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

In congress??? My concept on government has been crushed now Klaus.:p

9. Hank Springer

Hank Springer Guest

I wish Klaus would consult his brain brfore making statements concerning such things as there being bad people in every group. I'm fairly confident that we are all aware of the proability that that statement has some basis in fact.
    I also agree that the two words he mentioned do translate to "always faithful." However we were discussing the motto of the corps, which includes GOD, country, family and corps.
    The protected are not worthy to discuss our beloved corps. They have never tasted the flavor.

10. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

being one of the protected(usarmy); i for one have nothing but the utmost respect for the Corps. the only recruiting slogan i have ever heard is,"THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MARINES." sure as heck beats "AN ARMY OF ONE.":nod:

11. Klaus

Klaus Guest

One of us is clearly not fully reading posts, and is jumping to conclusions, and posting angry opinions based on his faulty conclusions.

12. NRAJOE

Holy moley, like Rodney King said after he got the crap kicked out of him "Can't we all just get along". This is going on way too long, you ex-marines are loco! ;) :D

13. Hank Springer

Hank Springer Guest

I'll withdraw from this boondoggle before it gets any worse. I will say, in response to the above post, that there is not such an animal as an ex-Marine.
    Klaus, carry on with your du ma attitude.
    You boys have a good day.

14. NRAJOE

Yeah I knew you was gonna say that Hank, got two buddys that was in the Corp. They said the same thing and call me dog face because I was in the Army. They claim the only reason they let me live is because I was a Combat Engineer and somebody has to go stomping around the minefields! Funny guys they are!:p

15. Hank Springer

Hank Springer Guest

NRAJoe,
    You need to remind those Marines who was at the controls of those gunships that bail your *** out when you're up to your armpits in VC with the odds running thirty to one in their favor. Last I heard they were still Air Cav. ( U.S. Army ) When those F-4s deliver the fire to fry the little b*****ds, do they specify Marine aircraft? I'd just as soon do business with the Air Force or Navy. There's room in the fight for everybody. What the hell, I was going to drop this subject and this time I am.
    I'm sure no one has to tell you that it takes balls to do the job you did.:nod:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2002