Gun and Game Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
<------------<<<-
3,804 Posts
How accurate are these pistol AR? I've seen a bunch of videos on youtube but none show the targets! Accurate range?

(Not trying to hijack...!)
Here's three shots at 100yds out of my 8.5" 300blk with Barnes 110gr.

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
with a 300 BLK, velocity loss from the short barrel is minimal. depending on the load, the difference between my 16" bbl and my 9" bbl is 100 - 150 fps.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
well, I can a test that this morning in Colorado was COLD! I went out to the outdoor range to see what the pistol would do at 50 and 100 with a scope on it. unfortunately it was very windy, i dont think it was enough of an excuse however for the poor performance at 100 yards. idk if it was me, i felt like i was shooting pretty well, or the gun or what. I constantly checked my scope to make sure it wasn't loose..

anyways, got about 100 rounds down range, not a single malfunction so that was the silver lining. it shot pretty well at 50 but they really opened up at 100.

funny thing is this 1/7 twist 10.5" barrel seems to like 50 grain and 75 grain bullets the best.. not really the stuff in between.

good ole 55 gr fml (m193) was consistently decent at both 50 and 100.

idk, it will do what it was designed to do( close range personal/ home defense) well, I just need to keep in mind its limitations.

makes me really want to get a 18" DMR upper for my rifle lower and get some itty bitty groups.

I almost wonder if the cold had some negative impact on the barrel performance or something.

or.. i wonder.. there is very little clearance between the bottom of the gas block and the mounting screw for the hand stop.. think that could be interfering with the barrel harmonics or something?

anyways, thats how it goes sometimes aint it!

·
<------------<<<-
3,804 Posts
In my experience, the cold can really mess with your barrel and ammo depending on how warm or cold both are. Ammo in your pocket will usually shoot a bit faster than cold ammo, and the barrel will change as it warms from ambient temp to hot.

I always have to leave my deer rifle and ammo in the car overnight to verify zero with our low temperatures. My 308, for example, shoots about 1.5moa with the ammo I chose. Since the cold causes the barrel temp to swing so fast, the groups open up to 2-2.5moa if I don't let the barrel cool for a few minutes between shots. The ammo stays exposed to the cold, as well.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
oh also... Im going to be ordering a "flash can" type muzzle device, one which directs blast down range away from the shooter. today the concussion at the range booth was pretty bad, much worse than with the a2. this kak comp really does a good job of keeping the weapon steady, and reducing muzzle rise, but it makes the muzzle flash and blast much worse.

I didn't notice it shooting standing outdoors with nothing around me. but in a more confined area the difference was clear.

I think im going to try the KAK micro flash can out. its about the same size as the a2 in lenght, abit larger in diameter but still small enough to get under most rails. I think it will look cool and be effective in reducing the felt concussion and blast

https://www.primaryarms.com/kak-industry-slimline-micro-flash-can-1-2-28

now to find one in stock!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Perhaps the muzzle device had something to do with the change in accuracy? the first time i put this gun on paper at 50 i was very happy with the accuracy across a range of ammo. the only difference between that time and this time was the optic and the muzzle device. I trust the optic and doubt that would have caused a reduction in accuracy. but the muzzle device.. maybe all the holes in it somehow effect how the bullet leaves the barrel?

this is the one that it had on it today:

https://www.primaryarms.com/kak-industries-compensator-1-2x28-kak-comp556

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Flash can came in today. screws right on like it was made for it!

The crush washer that was on the barrel when I got the upper is stuck on there. i have tried turning it off but its impossible for it to not be canted so far that i feel like it might damage the threads. anyways I suppose its fine on there, its just that the overall length could technically be a 1/8 shorter or so with out it.

It looks really cool! I was hoping it would tuck under the handguard more, but honestly its fine where it is, and I dont have to worry about it making contact with anything. Being aluminium its light so thats a plus when your talking weight out at the end of the barrel.

I'm confident that it will be more comfortable to shoot than the KAK compensator, how much so is to be determined.

its just looks so cool!

ok i think im done..

KAK Compensator; stndrd A2; KAK Micro Flash Can(MFC)
IMG_20200218_161635.jpg

Compensator vs MFC
IMG_20200218_161912.jpg

Showing more detail of how it fits(the rail extends 10.25" at the longest point. 10.5 inch barrel).
kakmfc.jpg

super tactical status!!
IMG_20200218_163638.jpg

I just like the angle on this one.
IMG_20200218_162722.jpg

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
And for those of you who find it hard to turn your head 90 degrees like me:
DesertNight edition:

IMG_20200218_162731_desertnight.jpg

the 20 round mag makes the ar-pistol feel even more compact and "handy" than they do with a 30 rounder. Also it can fit in that case with the 20 rnd mag and the rds, completely assembled, ready to rock and roll.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'm checking around thrift stores for old, beat up, but still solid acoustic guitar cases. I want ti put foam rubber in one then inlet it to hold my .300 Blackout pistol with suppressor and a couple spare mags. Saw one done on Facebook and it looked really good. Might raise a few eyebrows at the gun club.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Complete. I looked at one but passed.

Was told if you put an angled front grip it is a felony by the worker. I liked the gun but just decided I needed something else.

How accurate are these pistol AR? I've seen a bunch of videos on youtube but none show the targets! Accurate range?

(Not trying to hijack...!)
I posted some of my targets back a page or two. they can be super accurate as shorter barrels are stiffer. this is a very cheap barrel, so i dont expect precision from it, but for its intended purpose, its plenty accurate.

they only loose velocity as a matter of fact, not accuracy.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts