I GOT IT!!I GOT IT!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JASON6969, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON6969

JASON6969 Guest

I just today acquired a .50 BMG!!!The guy kept the scope i got it from.They are sights on it but with the sights on it i can only get1/4 inch of the bullseye at 750 yards.I have fired it 15 times that is as close as i can get.I have dreamed of owning one of these for years .But i need a scope so i can hit the bullseye.Any suggestions on scopes.Thanks for input.:feedback:All 15 shots where a 1/4 inch of bullseye

2. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

1/4" at 750 yds. with open sights sounds like mighty fine shootin to me. Nice rifle. What did it cost?

3. JASON6969

JASON6969 Guest

You are not going to believe me neither is anybody else.I gave him 150 dollars and a sleeping bag i have had about 6 years. Wife caught him messing round he needed money for a place to sleep she put him outdoors that my friend is no BS!

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  4. Seven©

Seven© G&G Evangelist

WNC
    You don't need a scope.

5. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

That's not bad for a 20' bullseye.The first scope Hathcock put on a deuce .50 was a 3x9 Redfield as I understand it. sam.

6. if ya need a cheap one i would use a Super Sniper scope or a Schmidt and Bender (way more expensive)

7. Ron AKA

Ron AKA Guest

Give me a break...

8. OH BOY.

And by the way, $150 bucks and a sleeping bag, um, I don;t know what to say. Well other than, that dude lost his you know what.
    Is it a Barrett? What brand/manufacturer?

And we all want pictures of both the gun, and the target...

9. tippmann7

tippmann7 G&G Enthusiast

your shootin 1/4inch at 750yds! you dont need a scope your a great shot

10. Seven©

Seven© G&G Evangelist

WNC
    OK. I'll say it...

[​IMG]

11. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Wow, so sensitive.

12. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

If you're going to pitch a hissy-fit over being questioned on a claim of shooting sub-world record groups with an unfamiliar gun, then I'd say you're at the wrong site to begin with. Most of the established members here would just post pics or provide other documentation to back their claim.

13. First of all, I didn't call you a liar. I simply said OH-BOY and I only even said that because someone did call you on what you said.

Secondly, I only asked for pictures to just see this gun. Thirdly, I, as well as many others simply would like to see pictures of this target with these 1/4 groups from 750yds. NOt much to ask in my opinion.

I mean dude, many trained snipers and expert shooters with that gun, can rarely shoot that, with or without a scope. MHO that is.

So if in asking any of what I did constitutes calling you a liar, then you my friend, must simply have a guilty conscience.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  14. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

NO Brand Name, No pics, NO sale !!!:nono:
    On the Internet, you believe Half of what you see and None of what you hear! It's just that way until you show and Tell...

15. PONTIACDM

PONTIACDM G&G Newbie

I have a question for you. How old are you 5?

16. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

forget the gun or target .
    i wanna see THIS!

BTW
    i really can hit a horsefly at 50 yds. with my cz452

17. That I can believe. And 50yds. with a scoped .22cal is a hell of a lot different than a .50BMG @ 750yds...Iron sights to boot.

I've known for a while what I'm about to say. And what you've quoted Billy is the perfect example for it. And that is, the truth do indeed hurt don't it. lol

As for the suggestions in that quote, um, I'll pass as it's somewhat impossible to shove an inanimate (correct word? lol) object anywhere let alone I'm just not into that nor does or will my door ever swing that way. lmao

18. sc928porsche

sc928porsche G&G Newbie

Won't say that it is impossible, but the best I was ever able to do (at a much younger age I might add) was 10 out of 10 standing with scope at 1k using a 30/378. I attribute that to skill, training, and a large amount of luck. Congrats...you're a better man than I Gunga Din.

19. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

now i wanna be a SPECIAL FORCES BOUNTY HUNTER MERC.
    think they got any openings?
    it's gotta beat digging ditches.................

20. Seven©

Seven© G&G Evangelist

WNC
    We always have openings on the Zombie Apocalypse Protection Team (ZAPT.)
    Not a bad gig, but there is a lot of weekend work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.