i got some powder

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by billy, May 9, 2008.

1. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i bought 8lbs. of this and i want to use it in my 45acp pistol.
    my lee manual says starting load is 9.9 gr. and never exceed 11.0 gr. of ACCUR #7
    thoughts?
    warnings?
    threats?
    advice?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I get your movie collection!

3. billy

thats a comforting thought.

4. Don't for get I'm in your Will ! Or use to be ! LOL Be careful and don't smoke while reloading !

5. Midas

In all honesty, you should be fine, just follow the manual. I would keep my loads on the lighter side, just to be sure.

6. George Bruce

George Bruce Guest

I've never used that particular lot, but I've used surplus powder for years and had good results. If it is super cheap, I buy it anyway, (within reason.) Even if it is not exactly what I thought I wanted, I usually find a way to make it work for me, somehow, for something. Study the load data carefully and try out a few rounds before you load 500.

7. billy

so it says 5-10% faster does that mean i should start at 9 gr.?

after hazmat and shipping $83.56

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  8. Midas

I would

9. That's some strange looking powder .

10. I would to. lol Maybe tie a string to the trigger and stand about 20ft. away lol JK. But yea, start @ 9gr..

I agree, a bunch of different shapes and sizes. lol. I must then refer to my first statement and use a string. lol

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  11. Is it blended?Does it have other powders in it?Ive never seen that brand/type of powder and dont know what its supposed to look like.All the powder i use is green.oh except the pistol/shotgun powders,that is brown flake.

12. looks like extruded,ball and flake mixed. Is that out of your junk can Billy?

13. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

I wouldnt use a powder like that...That is what I was telling you about on the phone...It is from different batches of Pulled ammo...Not Good !
    Rich

14. Bloody hell.So it is all different powders.Not what i would like to be using.how consitant would it be anyway?One would go boom then the next BANG and the next BOOOOMMMM.Dont blow ya self up billy.

15. Midas

That's what I was thinking, it looks like a good mixture of everything!

16. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

There is nothing wrong with that powder!I wont write the whole description,but in the Lyman 47th edition reloading handbook it states:"Reloader7,This powder has a mix of red,yellow,and blue identifying granulations.Sold in 1and5 pound containers.Reloader 7 is abreviated as Rx7 in oyr data section." Come on fellas,dont get Billy to burning snow again.Altho it was pretty.Also,Billy,I would start at 9gr,s and work it up until the action works first time,every time.Whatever that is will be all you need for just blowing holes in paper. sam.

17. Cravat Emptor! or something like that Billy, Cravat Emptor! I would take GlockMister's suggestion seriously.

18. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I would do what the load book says. sam.

19. billy

i bought this powder for 2 reasons
    1 some other folks on another forum i visit bought it first.(they bought it very recently)
    2 the price

i wanted somebody else to be the guinea pig (no offense herbert)

i am going to make just a couple rnds. with this and see.
    the other buyers had some unburnt kernels but that was all.