close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I got to quit fighting the system.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I fought the IRS...and lost
    I fought Student loans....lost
    I appealed the VA disability rateing....Lost.
    I stood up to my bosses tereny....and monday I have to go see the VP of the south east region for my company...at least I get a company car to drive....

My life would be so much simpaler if I would learn to Sit down, Shut up and get with the program.....Should be home....and probly unemployed by 1600 est.... Oh well guess I can always go back to my old job as an english teacher.:p

2. That wouldn't be any fun would it?

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Got to admit it r fun.... I figure they got 3 options tommorw...fire me, pay me to shut up, or send me back to my current position with orders for everyone to play nice.... Since I got names, dates, account # and documentation of were the bodies are barried...Im kinda hopeing for the take this check and shut up ... will take the SOG flyer with me for luck. Other wise if they fire me that just gives me more time to fax, email and other wise be a royal pain.....still talking to attornies but not much they will do till company makes their move....the guards think Im a hero..stupid but respected....empasis on stupid....could always go back to school......realy need to work on my MBA or Phd (only 6 classes from the MBA)....and despite my lack of spell check...actualy have published 2 papers and presented 1 at a confrence (Sociology) so the Phd think may be an oprion...Doctor Doglips... Course you know what you say to a Sociology (Philosphy, libral arts major) at work....yo dude super size that ok. :)

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Doglips:

You know what they say about advanced degrees?
    M.S. means "more of the same", and P.H.D. means piled higher and deeper and they aren't talking about hay.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Hows about a B.S. degree, your pretty good at that! :D :rolleyes:

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Well I did not get slayed...nor did I get slayed..kinda of a draw.

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Well Good luck Doglips, hope everything went your way. If it didn't, don't ever say: "well, at least it can't get any worse than this." Somehow, someway, somebody will prove you wrong.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I fought the IRS for two years before they sent me a check for $1425

9. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Had to drive 187 miles to meet the bigdogs monday...think they wanted to pat me down but fdigured Id filled enoguh greviances so they let it slide...outcome was 3 valid observations of our company policey...corrections have been made as of 2 hours after the meeting...basicly a nepatism thing...I get to keep my job but feel pretty confadent I have reached the peak of my career with this company...big dog ordered everyone to play nice nice...

IRS no luck...attorny got me off the "evasion" part but the IRS got a ruleing for me to pay them some major $$.

Student loans ($140,000) got a court ordered delay in payment for 5 yrs....should have just showed them the results of a spelling test...

Ive been reading these end of the world survialist boards....everyone belives the end is near and the revalution will happen by monday...just not sure which monday....it r my only hope of noth haveing the Federal govt getting a court ordered lein on my soul. :)

10. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

"I owe my life to the company store."

With that much debt, file bankruptcy. You'd get rid of the studen loans. Unless you're sitting on huge assets, in which case you'd have to liquidate some to pay the pennies on the dollar the judge would order. Won't get you outta dutch with the IRS, though.

I hate the IRS and everything they stand for. It's just a way for the libs to extort huge amounts of money from the working class to pay for the lazy worthless scum in our country, most of which don't even belong here. If my great great grandparents would've been given the kinda welfare that today's immigrants get, I'd be a friggin Ross Perot by now. I think I'll learn spanish and get some brown shoe polish and some black hair dye and go down to the welfare dept and start collecting my retirement.

11. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

the bankrupcy thing does not get rid of student loans...they are gureenteed by the federal goverment....first think I tried....going for the "hardship" discharge from them....did file CH13 (reorganzation) because the IRS wanted $50,000 and I only make $10 per hour....+ a little love $$ from the va...so the IRS is getting about 5000 not the 50K....sure Ill be on America's most audited list :).
    Im all for a overhaul of the system...course getting mugged by it makes one that way:)
    I just have too much fun playing with the system...plan now is to appeal the VA decision not to raise me from 70% to any ammount higher...and go back to school...if I can get some grants/schoolerships....just aint figured out a major....kids would love to have me as a spelling teacher...easy test no home work.....course Id have to post the newpaper artical about how some "gun nut" teacher in FL made his class memorize the 2nd ammendment and write letters to congreessmen/senators to repeal the federal gun laws.....hummmmm that just might be a plan.....:)

12. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Go for it Doglips, We'll all support you. But I sincerely do wish you the. God Speed my Man!

13. Years ago the IRS sent me a letter saying I owed them about $1,000. I didnt but I had no records to prove it. They went back for 10 years!! I started making monthly payments but then I REALLY screwed up and sent them a check that bounced. The IRS never said a word about it until one payday I went to get my paycheck and it was only for $50! They would only allow me $50 a week to live on. That didnt even cover rent much less 2 young kids and food. I immediately loaded the 2 kids in the car and drove to the IRS office. The kids were 3 and 6 years old at the time and the youngest had a bad cold and a runny nose. His face looked like a glazed donut and was really cranky. When the IRS people saw this, they immediately stopped the garnishment and let me pay a small amount monthly. I think maybe they did this because they felt sorry for me or just to get me and a sick cranky kid out of their office.

14. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

rtlesnkesbite

My problems started after I torqued off the Florida Dept. of Revenue...(later worked for them for 3 months...I found that absalutley funny amd my boss at the time never understood my rolling on the floor when they gave me a computer pass word..but diffrent story)...IRS said I was evadeing taxes because I filed but never sent them a check..(no taxes deducted from my pay check)...I figured I know I owed them $$...when I win the lotto they will get paid....welp 5 years of this and they got a little upset....letters with both civil and criminal laws being mentioned....then they added fines, intrest, ground hog fee, and the bill got serious...and as the agent said to me "we got what it takes to take what you got" (always thought it was just a joke bumper sticker).... the IRS is deffintly not a very customer services, lets hold hands and be friends branch of the goverment.

15. Nope, they aint the friendliest folks in the world. Sometimes..but only sometimes...they will work with you and reduce or drop some of the ridiculous charges, late fees, penalties,etc. Good luck with them.