close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I have a question...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Apr 18, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I have heard the term "flame" and "troll" used a few times. I am under the impression that a "flame" is a post that ticks people off, and a "troll" is possibly an undercover cop or agent. Am I correct in assuming this? I have wondered more than once if a person with only one post, who is asking a BATF related question, might just be an agent fishing for something to do........

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

A troll is a person who wanders message boards doing nothing but baiting others into arguments and flaming others. I was confused by the post you mention also... I do remember it. I guess the person was meaning that they thought ATF was fishing for information... I don't know. Rest assured, our forums are monitored. I was on the phone with a major firearms manufacturer a week ago. Seems at least three people who work for them visit our site daily. Seems these message boards are the easiest way to obtain consumer feedback.

Jesse

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Aff. Trolls are people who try to upset others for fun. Flames are derogatory emails full of "4 letter" words.

<Sorry, just noticed my use of "AFF". It is short for affirmative.>

Last edited: Apr 19, 2002
  4. Hank

Oneastrix,

The word for the agent looking for someone to bait for the purpose of doing him harm is MOLE. There are plenty of them reading this and you and I are paying them to do it.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have no problem with various police type agencies browsing public forums for signs of criminal activity. I do hope that if some such person finds someone possibly violating a law out of ignorance, that they would inform the people of the law, rather than prosecute.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2002
  6. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Yeah,one would hope that's how it works!
    :nod: :nod: :nod: :rolleyes: :cool:

7. I have always understood "flame" to be if you disagree with something someone says and you don't just reply reasonably but you slam them in a derogatory(sp?) way. Doesn't have to be four letter words just not a normal Gun 'n games level response.

You want to see flame, see the kimber forum.

8. Loagansdad you must be bored digging this thread up.

9. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Wow I asked this question a long time ago! Didn't remember the thread at first......

10. I know, I know!!!

Howdy,

As you may know I licve in the U.P. of Michigan. Around here, trolls are anyone from lower Michigan, as they live UNDER the Mackinac Island Bridge!!!! LOL!! 9JUst kidding, put down the torches and pitchforks....)

:nod: :nod: :p :nod: :nod:

11. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea that would be something . get arrested for something you didn't think was illegal.

12. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I know a "flamer" is a guy thats "light"in his loafers! A "tinkerbell" if you will. :eek: :D

13. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Jesse is right also the reference to a troll is that of a Liberal gun grabber trying to turn us all against one another.