Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15,370 Posts
Send it in for repair and never buy another BP revolver to shoot that doesn't have a top strap.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
upper part of the frame where your rear sight sits, like on a smokeless revolver.
it adds quite a bit of strength.
i wouldn't get too worked up about it for a BP revolver.

Reactions: bsshog40

·
Registered
15,370 Posts
upper part of the frame where your rear sight sits, like on a smokeless revolver.
it adds quite a bit of strength.
i wouldn't get too worked up about it for a BP revolver.
Not worked up in the least. Personal decision to have more rigidity with the top strap. I guess it's an advancement in safety.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the videos. Nice and informative. Here's my problem, my 44 cal has that type of spring wedge as in the video and I know how that works. My Colt only has the slide wedge with no spring on it. Also a side note. The wedge in my colt also has a serial number that matches all the other serial numbers on the gun, so I know it's original to it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
WOW, I called colt and they told me it was a discontinued product and there's nothing they can do for me! Last Colt I buy!!!

·
Premium Member
24,340 Posts
WOW, I called colt and they told me it was a discontinued product and there's nothing they can do for me! Last Colt I buy!!!
Well, that's all subject to change. Colt was very recently bought out by CZ. We'll all just have to see what CZ decides to keep up and running from the Colt product line. We might all be surprised at what CZ determines to be worth propagating of the Colt product line going forwards. Design from the mid 1800's may or may not make the cut... The short answer though is that Colt is no longer their own boss...

·
Premium Member
24,340 Posts
Along with the link I put in comment #19 this place also might be a source for replica or reproduction parts.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think I've just decided to lightly file one side of the wedge. I have a a couple card files that are high grit and I feel pretty confident that I can get a good fit that shouldn't mess with the integrity of it's operation.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, just did a little filing and got it to fit nicely. The cylinder turns smooth so I think all is good.

·
Premium Member
24,340 Posts
Just being nosy, but what model is your Colt and can you post a picture of the whole revolver? You know us, we LOVE firearms pictures. (y) :love:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just being nosy, but what model is your Colt and can you post a picture of the whole revolver? You know us, we LOVE firearms pictures. (y) :love:
Took me a bit to find it but I was sure I had posted the gun. Here's a link to my thread.

New gun show pickup!

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Brownells stocks Uberti Parts.
Ive used Uberti 1851 Navy parts to fix an ASM 1860 Army.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts