Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
I have the older Model 25MN, similar to the 925M except for the better trigger on the newer rifle. Excellent accuracy, and very reliable. With a good scope, the Marlin will do what you ask of it.
Another thing about the 925M is it uses the same magazine as the 17HMR rifle, in case you decide to branch out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have bought a 982VS - 22 WinMag last fall and love it. With it's 22in barrel, the look & feel is the same has any larger caliber. I would recommend it to anyone.

Nukid

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, they do sell extra magazines. The Marlin 22 WinMag 982VS I bought came with two magazines...a 7 round and a 4 round clip (freebie).

·
Banned
39 Posts
i have the 925m 22 mag its a good gun i also have the 917v.17hmr both use same mag as said before.i killed a HUUUGE red squirel this year with the 22wmr

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
WalMart usually carries the Marlin magazines too - I bought a few there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 982L which is similar to the 925, and it is (so far) my favorite rifle I own. I am getting verry accurate results from it, and it just sweet to shoot. Now I am of limited experiance, but I just love this gun.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen the extra magazine at walmart. I am saving my nickels and dimes for one. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
696 Posts
If it were up to me, I'd go with the 925M.

I'm not real big on the tubular magazines... They take too long to reload.

Plus, it's hard to tell when you're out of ammo. With a regular magazine, you can just pop it out and check.

That's my two cents.

^.^ I dunno anything about the guns themselves, just the general pros and cons of the two from a glance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If it were up to me, I'd go with the 925M.
I'm not real big on the tubular magazines... They take too long to reload.
Plus, it's hard to tell when you're out of ammo. With a regular magazine, you can just pop it out and check.
That's my two cents.
^.^ I dunno anything about the guns themselves, just the general pros and cons of the two from a glance.
For some reason, Marlin has reduced the number of 25 Win Mag magazine style guns for 2008. Currently there are only three that they make, two 982's and a 925. I wonder why they seem to be cutting back on the magazine style rifles and adding to the tubular style?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've got the 925. It's a nice little gun. ^_^

But about that, I dunno. Seems a lil' weird.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Andrew I have the 983-T with a Classic style stock. Marlin hasn't updated there web site, it showing the one I have with a Monte Carlo style that they have used for years.
They came out with the Classic Style stock in late 2006 which I like better.

You'll be delighted with a Marlin 22 magnum which ever one you buy, every gun owner should own at least one 22 magnum rifle.
It's the most used gun I own to take on hikes or while working in the woods. A.H

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
I've got a mod. 883 in stainless, and love it! I don't worry about how many rounds are in it, 'cause squirrels usually don't shoot back. I've never come up empty in any situation, and throw a couple in whenever the need arises. I really like not having a magazine stuck out of the bottom when I'm fighting my way through wait-a-minute vines. Very accurate, too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a model 883 bolt action / with the tubular mag. It came with a Simmons scope. I love it. Very accurate. I bought it used from a pawn shop. Great gun. ~JJ~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts