close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Have Leftover .311 Diameter Plated Bullets

Discussion in 'General Reloading' started by Ten Man, Sep 9, 2017.

1. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

they would be perfect in a Ruger 7.62X39 bolt rifle or for lighter loads in the mini-30.
    they have throats cut for the larger diameter 311-12 bullets.
    [they also have 308 barrels BTW]
    they also shoot well in the 7.65 Argie rifles, and 2 groove 303 mk-IV & many older misurp type 30-06 barrels.

if you know how to paper patch they would also be good knurled and wrapped for the 32 win or 8 mauser [J&S bores] with some 50% vellum.

2. I don't know about the US, BUT, in Canada, there are a lot of 303 Brit rifles. Many thousands of them were sporterized and serve as hunting tools. Those bullets would fit perfectly into a 303 Brit chamber and barrel. Even if they were unsuitable for hunting (FMJ), they can still be used at the range. The lighter bullet would provide for less recoil.

3. Further on the 303 British; there used to be lots of surplus military ammo available, but that has dried up over the years. I recently picked up a couple of sporterized 303 Brit rifles and I have a large supply of brass to load. I found some 174 gr commercial bullets, and they were kind of expensive. So, I picked up a batch of bullets pulled from 7.62X39 and will be loading both into my 303 Brit cases. Sell the 7.62X39 pulled bullets to a 303 owner.

4. =====

Well thank you. Is this mostly American or do we have international participation?

5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

we got some Aussies, a few Canadians, and a couple of Alaskans.
    I think we got a European or two that stops in from time to time.
    but mostly it's your southern cousins.