I have liked this song since when it came out!

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by PAPA G, Mar 21, 2018.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Marvin Gaye..I heard it through the grape vine.

But then this commercial came out and when ever I listen to the song this comes to mind!!!

Rocky7, ChaZam, TheWall and 2 others like this.
  2. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

One of my mothers favorites too and wifes mother. Wifes mother liked Credence Clearwater Revival.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    jwrauch and PAPA G like this.

3. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

As far as release dates Gladys Knight & The Pips released it as a single in '67.

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles released it on an album on the same date as Marvin Gaye, August 26, 1968.

I prefer the Gladys Knight version.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

I have an original set of those raisin figurines that Hardee's gave out back in the 80's. Lol! I think I was in boot camp first time I heard the song. At least that's where I remember hearing it first. Not sure because I heard it through the grapevine.

rando, PAPA G and Big Dog like this.
  5. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

A song I always remember in basic training was "We Gotta Get Outa This Place". 1966

rando, PAPA G and Rocky7 like this.
  6. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

My All Time Favorite Song:

PAPA G and Rocky7 like this.
  7. rl69

rl69 G&G Evangelist

Not my favorite song,but it always stirs memories from a simpler time in my life

PAPA G and Wicked109 like this.
  8. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    Never was a big fan of the song. But I enjoyed the California raisins. But that was a different time. Now everytime I see the Calornia raisins all I think about are all the fruits and nuts in Cali.

PAPA G likes this.
  9. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

I like this one...just watch it all.

Situational awareness is everything.

PAPA G and rl69 like this.
  10. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

RL69, Talk about jogging the old time memory banks...thanks for bringing a big old smile my way.

PAPA G and rl69 like this.
  11. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
  12. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    For some reason this thread has got me thinking about my last hunting partner. He died several years ago when he rolled his pickup coming home from a double shift building a new rig....pig-headed redneck refused to wear a seat belt. He had a big heart; generous-wise and take-no-shyte wise. I still find myself looking for him coming up my driveway every year when the leaves turn gold and elk are starting to bugle in the high country. Was asked to deliver his eulogy; which of course I did. It was tough sledding. Most of the rig pigs who came had only known him as "Cowboy". I must've played this song a hundred times after that. Maybe 200. Anyway, it's a good song.