close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love it... but will it hold up

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tonto, Jun 13, 2002.

1. tonto

tonto G&G Newbie

I love this funny little auto that took me 5 years to warm up to.
    I was showing it to a couple of old timers that have owned their Colt .45's since before i was born(I'm 37). The Colts still looked brand new, and both of them shot them allot. (they used them that day at the range and that was all they had , other than colt ar15's)One i think was a gold cup but they were talking of allot of colts, so i guess the colts of the last generation seem to be like the glocks are now right?
    Or is it just wishful thinking on my part and this Glock 27 will never see that many rounds, or years ??? i hope so because i am developing a love and trust for this auto. I don't want to have to replace it because it '"wore out"

2. if you can wear out a glock in your life time Iknow allot of ammo salesmen who really want to meet you.

3. tonto

tonto G&G Newbie

excellent i thought so as well.

4. I have both and have yet to wear either one out.
    I read a report from Glock that said they fired 1million rounds through a modle 17 and had only 10 jams and no other malfunctions the same reoprt had a modle 21 found under a dumpster that had been there for three years they pulled it out of the mud and cleared the barlle and shot a 4" group at 25yrds.
    Like I said I read it not did it so you make the call on weather or not to buy this as fact or fiction.
    I'll keep both my glocks and my Colts my son and his will love them.

5. carl

carl G&G Newbie

i finally had to have my 17 rebuilt after 2 years! i fired 8000 rounds in competition and had to have all the springs changed out. i used the hell out of tht gun for ipsc in 2 summers. it stood up great i already have fired 5000 through my 10mm and its still going strong.

6. BillyJoeRayBob

BillyJoeRayBob G&G Newbie

WV
    Local instructor here had a 27 with over 15,000 rounds through it when I took a class from him five years ago. I bet he's still got it and has put quite a few more through it since. Unless you find a creative way to neglect or abuse it, I suspect you will wear out before it does, even if you shoot it often.

7. tonto

tonto G&G Newbie

After an exhaustive research I have come to the conclusion this Glock will be in my family (i hope) for like 3 generations after i take the dirt bath! Thanks for all the replies

8. Tonto,

My 23 just turned 68k rounds. I shoot approx. 3000 - 4000 a month through it. Haven't changed so much as a spring, yet. My 27 has about 6k through it and the wife's 26 and 19 have at least 6k each through them. In those 4 guns, we've replaced one trigger spring in the 19. I train cops and train with them. Most shoot Glocks and for a very good reason. They're fine weapons...

9. tonto

tonto G&G Newbie

cooooooooool martian man:D

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I knew Marvin the Martian was pro-gun!

11. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

You will have a hard time wearing a glock out. That's why so many police departments issue them, they're tough as nails.