Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the range today. I took some of my friends who hadn't ever been able to shoot a gun. We shot all afternoon, and my buddies continued to pass up my AK, shotguns, Savage .308, 10/22, handguns, ect to come back and shoot the SKS one last time. They loved it, they couldn't stop talking about it. When I pulled it up to my shoulder and let a few rounds off, I remembered once again how good it was to shoot a solid SKS.

I'll be going with one friend next week as he hunts for his own SKS.

Yeah for the sks and new shooters.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,307 Posts
The ergonomics of the SKS just seem so RIGHT! The AK and others are just guns. The SKS is a RIFLE. :)
Soon your buddies will have their own, and spread the fun!

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
SKS rifles are sweet. I have a Yugo and it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. Gotta love it!

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
It's just a stock Norinco with a bipod on it, but it's a tack driver.
So was mine, it'd put a full mag of cheap Russian ammo in a 3" target dot @ 100yds with iron sights. When I scoped it, it was near M.O.A. with almost any ammo I could stuff in it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
To me an sks is just about the funnest gun there is.
I've got a Russian and a Yugo, love them both.
P.S. Thanks for creating new shooters.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I was just about getting over wanting and buying an SKS until I read this Thread.
I've been carrying around the money to buy one for the past 4 weeks and just spent most of it on fixing up a trailor to haul deer in this past week end.
DAMMIT !!!! I want one !!!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
AH Just hide all sharp objects and ammunition and get the darn thing. I am tired of listening to you wine for an SKS. Your little lady will cool down eventually and you would be able to come out of hiding and pull the corks off the tips of the kitchen knives.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
yep... i like mine too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts