close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love watching new comers shoot.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Just got back from the range and the Mosans are soaking...had my wife's friend and her 16 yr old son...it was her 2nd time and his first time shooting.... man I love the way people get so excited when the start hitting the paper and relaize that unlike the movies and tv that guns dont "knock you down" or turn you into some crazed killer. That it is safe, fun and yes a viable way to protect yourself from the real world of thugs and rapiest.. Looks like the NRA is getting a few more members :). Once the mistery and myths are gone and people learn to shoot saftly and get over the jitters they have a blast...I enjoyed loadign mag after mag just to watch them shoot... plan is to go back in 2 weeks...due to work. Let them start with the 22 rifle and pistol and end up with the Mossans and 12 ga....3 hours of fun in the sun and they were smilieing like we were going to disney world.
    I brought 17 firearms today they kid looked like I brought the Toys or US store...Wife ee poo taught her friend and I worked with her son....man I had fun!!!..Oh by the way the Hi-Point with a 4x32scope makes one heck of a soda can killer at 50 yards...we were on the plinking range..

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Once they are hooked, then introduce 'em to the down side of shooting, the cleaning! Of course, if the Hoppes get's in their blood, they might enjoy that, too. :D

3. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Isn't Hoppe's #9 a cologne as well?

4. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    no, no , no, sweets 7.62 is cologne, hoppes is aftershave.