close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i need a web page for three wheeler haeds

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Jul 29, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

know of any web sights that i can go to too find a used cylinder for my three wheeler. or pricing on boring out the one i got

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Can't you just go to your local bike shop? There should be a tech that can help you.

3. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea i can but i was trying to get a price on a new are used stock head. but if i had too i was goin to get this one bored out. just lookin for a better price . like 1800 collect i'm trying too save a buck or two :D

4. re.

what kinda 3 wheeler is it?? honda,yamaha,kawasaki,?? i've never had to buy stuff online, my ATV/dirt bike shop has a bone yard to dream about.

5. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i have an 84 honda 110 my motor cycle dealer told me 50 dollars for the bore job and 55 to 60 dollars for a piston and rings. i just wanted to get other prices and i would like to keep it a stock cylinder. that is if i could find a good used one .

6. $50 for the bore job or pay shipping and handling over the internet on something you have no idea about what shape the jug is in. Have yours bored out. And as for the piston and rings for $55-$60 I've paid that for just the rings! My advice is to go to the shop. You know who you are dealing with and the price isnt that bad. Must have a lot of miles cause a Honda runs forever. I'm on my 4th Honda but they only have two wheels.

7. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea i think i will got to my dealer and yea they do run for ever it is running . but it smokes real bad. i changed the rings in it about a month ago and it helped out but it is back to smoking again.and is hard to start.but once you get it warmed up it starts ok, you have to push start it to get it running the first time.i rebuilt the carb . hell my old 1971 ct 70 is still running good.it's like a timex i guess.i got that one up for sale for 75.00.and it comes with a second ct 70 for parts .it's all just a hobby for me now. can't ride them anymore. two neck surgeries.

8. I have a 1969 CT 90. Its all original (even the cables) and its starting to smoke a bit too. I paid $300 for it about 5 years ago. Mine didnt like to start very good either until I put a different jet in the carburetor and now it runs like a top. I almost never ride it anymore since I got a 2001 XR200R. Thats an awesome bike for only being a 200cc. Great suspension and handling. Something that cant be said about the old Honda 90.

9. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea those xr's sure are some fine bikesthe 200's are they street legal. i think one of them are. i might be thinkin of the old XL's remember those .

10. The XR isnt street legal. The XL is street legal. I used to have the XL500R. Man that thing made the doctors rich. I ended up visiting a doctor or emergency room just about once a month with that bike. It was just too heavy to be really good off road but sure did have some power. More than I could handle on many occasions!

11. RINGS.

tommy, $55 fer rings is crazy, tell your shop you want AFTER market rings, i bought a set of RIK rings for a110 back in the winter for $22 and i paid $26 for a set of 185s rings about a month ago, by the way, do you still have the ct70???(trail 70 thay em up here) i've been looking for one, what kinda shape is it in?? what kinda shape is the parts bike in?? would you be willing to ship it to NY??(i'd pay the extra cost of shiping of course)

12. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

the trail 70 is in running condition it runs like a john deer. lol and the one for parts is in parts i was useing parts from it to put on the one that was running the engine is missing the head cause i had a melt down one the one that was running . i will take some pictures and post them . and as for as the piston and rings for my three wheeler i found some on the net for 60.00 size 1 over that is for the piston and rings. so i figure about 120 dollars and it will be running good again.

13. cool.

cool, please post them pics, if it looks good i might just buy it, thanks agian.