i need great ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by KingMusa45, May 9, 2008.

1. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i just got a yugo ak47 and a nice side arm and i needed to know the best ammo to get in 45 & 7.62/39.i also need too know whats better ball,hollow,or solid tip ammo.:feedback:

2. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze Guest

I'd say it depends on your application, what are you gonna do with them? If personal protection is all you want them for, I'd say HP for both, probably Speer Goldot, or Hornady Custom for the .45 and for the AK47 it will probably eat anything, I'd go with Wolf because it's the cheapest but if you really want stopping power try the Extreme Shock, it's expensive but anyone gets shot with it won't be moving anymore.

Good luck, and if you can post pictures of them. :D

3. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

its for personal potection.does the taraus 24/7 pro 45 handle the p+ rounds?

4. Righteous

Righteous Guest

for the AK it shoot anything and everything, get the cheap stuff, dam gun dont know how much you payed for them .

5. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i know, but is the cheap stuff what u would use for selfdefence?

6. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze Guest

I wouldn't use an AK for self defense, really. I'd get a small Tactical 12 gauge with like a 7rd capacity. Then get some OO to shoot out of it. :D

7. ALL Taurus pistol's can shoot + P ammo. So say's there catolog.

8. I'd use #6 in a short barrel Shot gun 12 or 20 guage. Infact I keep a 20 double with #8 available. That'll get me to the "real guns". Reason, It won't mess up the house as bad as 00 buck. The spread in the house is'nt going to be that great to have a negative effect on your purpose. Rule of thumb spread is one inch per yard. Inside a house your longest shot is going to 3-4 yards and an ounce of lead is an ounce of lead. But they'll have to get by the dogs first.

9. alaskamonte

alaskamonte Suspended

Poppycock!-

Please insert a cylinder full of the old Blue Box Freedom Arms 454 Ammo in your Taurus Raging Bull and fire for effect (wear appropriate anti-frag garments!)

10. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

AK is not for self defense. It has got way to much penetration.
    You would not only be shooting the punk that broke into your house, but about three or four of the neighbors down the street.

11. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

for the ak get jhp, less penetration than fmj, and ya ak will shoot anything. check this out; AMMOMAN.COM they have the best price that u will find online because of the free shipping and there very easy to deal with. try the "7.62x39 RUSSIAN WOLF JHP JACKETED HOLLOW POINT
    NEW POLYMER COATING"

12. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    For 7.62x39, I prefer Brown Bear over Wolf...it just seems to shoot better.
    For the .45 and home defense I go with Hydra-Shok...more expensive but you don't use it to practice with. I have one or two mags filled with Hydra-Shok for my protection and carry; and use FMJ for practice.
    Anyway, the expense for the good defense ammo is off-set by the value of your family by a long shot.

13. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

thanks for the feedback guy's.the other day i got p+ rounds for the 45. now im looking for some really good rounds for the yugo. what kinda slings do yall use.

14. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Watch out for that wolf ammo with the lacquered steel case. It will hammer the hell out of your chamber.

15. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

try silver bear it doesent need to be any better than that. i like wolf because of the price and it works great but the silver bear i got does seem to shoot a little more accurately and the gun stays alot cleaner. u could step it up to golden bear but idk if its any better