I Need to know how to cook something

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Jul 9, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Anybody know a really good recipe for Chicken Cachatori or Parmigana? I know I spelled that wrong, but I think you know what I'm talking about.
    Want to cook it for my upcoming anniversiary and then tell the wife that I got the recipe off of Gun And Game!

2. Chicken Parmigana

Ingredients:
    6 (7 oz.) Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
    6 Eggs, beaten
    1/2 C. Italian Bread Crumbs
    6 oz. sliced Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 stick Butter
    2 C. White Cream Sauce
    3 oz. Parmiagana Regiano Cheese
    1/2 tsp. powered Garlic
    Salt
    Pepper

Preparation:
    Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge in Italian Bread crumbs. Lightly brown in butter (clarified butter is really the best for this). Remove from pan and place in a 350 degree oven with 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese on
    each breast. leave in oven until cheese is lightly browned. Add cream sauce to remainder left in frypan. When cream sauce is hot, place a ladle of the sauce onto the plate, and then place one chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

Serves 6.

I'll have to look up the recipe for the white sauce and post it shortly.....Dale

OK, Oneastrix, I had to go to the head Chef on this one.....for the white cream sauce she says she just uses 2 cups of heavy cream, flour, salt, pepper and white wine (Zinfadel is great).

You slowly, over low heat, heat the cream and gradually add flour until it begins to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste and add enough wine until you get the 'taste' you want. Add more flour as needed to continue to thicken.

She has also made parmigana with a tomato sauce.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2002

3. Chicken Cacciatore

Ingredients:
    6 lbs. chicken pieces
    1/2 C. olive oil
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1 pinch hot red pepper
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    1 tsp. salt
    1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 bay leaves
    1/2 C. white wine
    1/4 C. tomato pulp
    1 1/2 C. mushrooms

Preparation:
    Brown chicken parts over low heat until golden brown. Add onion, red, and black pepper, salt, parsley, garlic, and bay leaves. Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes. Add wine and cook on low for 15 minutes. Add tomato pulp and add sliced mushrooms and let cook slowly for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are done. Serve hot.

Serves 8-10

Adjust accordingly for number to be served. Personally, I like this recipe with chicken breast and thighs or just the breasts........Dale

Last edited: Jul 9, 2002