Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Nice revolver. I've got a Uberti 1873 Cattleman 2 .45 Colt. And I just love it.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
We're a Triple K dealer and every time I see that holster I want it. I'm abusive to holsters and I'm not sure how it would hold up.

Do you like yours?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it has been fine I had the John Wesley Harding style bullet loops installed.
The guy didn't charge me much and it made the holster a little more original looking.
The original Harding Holster is in a museum. It carried a S&W Schofield.
So I am not exactly correct but it is period.
Since I wear it and take it on and off having the reload on the holster is handy.
Triple K stuff is sometimes kinda dry. I also put a leather thong to go over the hammer..
Having worn this open carry several times already. This holster has been fine after I modified it

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
It has been converted to shoot .45colt
I am confused. Was this a ball and cap pistol to begin with? I have my grandfather's retirement pistol (an 1860 model as well, don't recall manufacturer) and it's ball and cap. A conversion to a centerfire would be a heavy level of work, wouldn't it? That sure is neat though.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
I am confused. Was this a ball and cap pistol to begin with? I have my grandfather's retirement pistol (an 1860 model as well, don't recall manufacturer) and it's ball and cap. A conversion to a centerfire would be a heavy level of work, wouldn't it? That sure is neat though.
Conversion to center fire would take five minutes:

http://www.oldsouthfirearms.com/howellconversions-1860armypietta45lc5round.aspx

Or a Saturday project:
http://www.oldsouthfirearms.com/kir...860armycoltpietta45lc45schofieldassembly.aspx

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These snub nose short barreled 1860 army colt reproduction pistols are currently manufactured in Italy by Pietta.
The colt lightening birds head grip is a nice change of pace
I converted this pistol and found gripmaker.com.
They are the ONLY aftermarket grips i could find.
I had Maggie at Howell have my cylinder roll engraved.
It fires beautifully.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
These snub nose short barreled 1860 army colt reproduction pistols are currently manufactured in Italy by Pietta.
The colt lightening birds head grip is a nice change of pace
I converted this pistol and found gripmaker.com.
They are the ONLY aftermarket grips i could find.
I had Maggie at Howell have my cylinder roll engraved.
It fires beautifully.
Chris and Maggie are awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts