Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,570 Posts
Sounds to me like he's a poacher, got caught at it, and tried to find an excuse that was halfway plausible. My personal BS meter is well up in the red zone for this one. Even someone born and raised in Manhattan who has never in his life been off the island would throw the BS flag on this story!

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,570 Posts
Puts me in mind of the idiots up from Chicago in Wisconsin who can't find/are too drunk to find a deer during hunting season, even though there are more deer than people in Wisconsin by a factor of two at least, and decide to shoot themselves a cow. This is why dairy farmers paint "COW" on the sides of their Holsteins during hunting season.

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,570 Posts
Needs to shoot only bullets that can tell the difference between game!!
Don't give the anti-gunners any bright ideas!

· Registered
5,546 Posts
When I was riding in CT the barn was near some hunting lands and no one rode the trails during hunting season. There was too big a chance of being shot by some fool who was suffering from deer fever.
I remember when my daughter had her stables in Harwinton, their property abutted a state park/forest. They kicked "hunters" off of their property an a few occasions and when they rode in the state park they put bells on the horses and the riders wore bright clothing..not all hunters are truly friends of 2A, property rights and gun safety...sad but true. My son-in-law had the property marked as private property, hunting by written permission only...he still found hunters on his property...some are just plain opportunists and will kill whatever they can get away with. He found salt licks and apples dropped on his property by hunters trying to draw deer to an easier area to be taken...DEP is a joke in CT, they run the show and is just what you would expect in a lefty liberal antigun state.

· Registered
5,546 Posts
We wouldn't go anywhere near any of the state forests. I was a member of the Middlebury Hunt Club and the club would cancel the hunts on their own property for safety.
It is truly a sad state of affairs, no accountability and no one cares...because it is hunting.

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,570 Posts
mules are becoming extinct around here for a reason.
i've about got our two wardens talked into letting the dickheads take them home and eating them.
i mean seriously what else you gonna do with a dead mule?
fiver, do you mean wild burros, by any chance? Mules are the sterile offspring of a horse and a donkey.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.