Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my latest gun is on order. I am getting a RRA Elite CAR A4. Now even though I need to add some accesories when I get my AR I am already looking to my next purchase. I think I am finally going to give in and get a glock for my duty carry gun. I have resisted and have carried a Sig P220 for the last seven years but now I am finally going to give in. One of the reasons is the cost of ammo. If I get a .40 cal I can shoot the department's ammo so that will save me a little. Also eveyone else on the Department carries a Glock 22 so I thought it was time I get one too.

The real turning point for me was when another officer got a Crimson Trace Laser grip for his G22. I held the gun with the laser grip installed and IMO it improved the grip of the glock greatly (that was always my biggest complaint). As soon as I held the gun I noticed a much impoved grip and it felt much more confortable in my hand compared to any other time I have held a Glock. The next best grip I have felt in a glock is when I have held the 19/23 sized Glock. but I would say the G22 with the laser girp was better than that.

So the Officer price on a Glock is $450, plus $30 new Mag pouch, $140 for a new holster and $220 for Laser grips.

Grand total around $850. I guess that is a lot of money for switching to a glock but at least I can purchase it a little at a time. I have found I am pretty good at saving for something when a gun is involved!

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,902 Posts
sounds like you have made an informed decision. thanks for the insight on the CT grip, interesting. the money you save on available ammo will well make up for any cost offset. not to mention you can't put a dollar amount on personal safety.

·
Registered
980 Posts
here in NC the officer price is $385 any model any caliber. while the Glock isnt the most acurate pistol it will always go BANG when you need it to.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Price I quoted is with night sights. With out them the price would be just under $400 for officer price. If I am going to have a glock, I am going to have night sights, I have them now, no reason not to have them on a glock.

·
Wonderment :)
34,344 Posts
process

jashoffa: way to think through your question.
Your Glock choice will serve you well.
post; as your process takes place.
Thanks,

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
My son the cop can shoot the center out of a target at 25 yards with his duty Glock which I think is the model 23. He's expert shooter with his duty Glock.
His personal carry Glock which has a little bit shorter barrel scatters the bullets in a 5 inch circle at 25 yards which is still excellent.

jashoffa You should add trijicon night sights if your in law enforcement even though you've added laser in your cost for the new rig. The night sights are standared equipment at our Police departments. A.H

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ArkansasHunter, Actually I would get the Glock brand night sights. They are slightly cheaper so I figure they will be good enough.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You will be happy with your choice. I have been contemplating the crimson trace for my G-22 as well. You may want to check on Gunbroker.com. You could likely save ~$40.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Every time I think of giving up and look at buying a Glock, all I have to do to cure it is hold one. Their grips just do not fit in my hand and they feel awkward. I think I'll just keep my 1911's and Sig.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Every time I think of giving up and look at buying a Glock, all I have to do to cure it is hold one. Their grips just do not fit in my hand and they feel awkward. I think I'll just keep my 1911's and Sig.

+1

I love the fact that glocks go bang 99.9999999% of the time, but they are useless to me because they feel horrible in my hand, and my accuracy / confidence suffers as a result.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I went to buy a glock was ready to put the money on the counter and the lady said," Hey try this out" handed me a XD, I feel in love, went and bought the one i wanted(drove 60 miles to get it) the next day. Love it. I recommend everyone at least hold one. And there is a guy online that did a torture test just like glock. It passed amazingly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts