Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple weeks back I tried on a CZ 75B for size just for the fun of it. Probably wasn't the best idea because now I feel like I absolutely need one. But iv been doing some light research to justify the purchase, and the 75B seems like a pretty good bang for the buck. Unfortunately I never can seem to find anybody that has had ANY issues with theirs and surely its too good to be true.

Which brings me to my question. have any of you had any negative experiences with the CZ 75 and if so do you think they were faults in the design or production? or just a lemon experience? any help would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
I've handled them-nice pistols-but not fired them !!!

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
the only bad thing I can say about the CZ 85 (same as the 75 but ambidextrous) that I owned is that it was stolen. I really like the DA/SA CZ pistols. they are well made, have great ergonomics, reliable and relatively inexpensive. I was going to buy another CZ 75 but had the itch for a 10mm so I went with the EAA Witness which is a CZ 75 clone.

·
Premium Member
10,448 Posts
Had a 75B and carried it for awhile. Fantastic pistol all around.

The only 'negative' is a small ejection port and that's even pushing the definition of negative.

It's just a da** fine pistol.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I agree with that that silly raccoon :) . I've owned a lot of different handguns and still own quite a few but in a way I'm still kicking myself in the proverbial but for letting my CZ 75b Omega go that I had for a while, because it was probably the finest Cadillac or Ferrari of handguns that I've owned fit and finish wise , but when a friend offered to trade me his Israeli Kareen mk.1 Browning hi-power for it, it was time to let it go . I still have every intention of picking up another one and we had one pop up on our local gun Grapevine yesterday with the original plastic grips and two magazines for $500, but that's a little more than I'm willing to give for one.

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
the little takedown lever rod thingy is prone to breaking after 6-7,000 rounds.
they are like 39$ a 6 pack at Brownells and slide right in.
my buddy bought a 6 pack and offered me 1. I told him to keep it until mine broke or I would probably lose it.

Reactions: Rocky7

·
Banned
4,689 Posts
When I see a CZ75 in the case next to the newer plastic CZs, what I see is a classic beauty surrounded by homely women. If I ever have a CZ it'll be the 75.

Reactions: PaleHawkDown

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input! Im almost 100% sure ill be the owner of one by the time evening rolls around. A local gun shop here in town has 75B Omegas NIB for $475 as of yesterday throughout the weekend. I think that's the final sign that I needed to make the purchase. LOL!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured I should follow up. I DID end up getting a standard CZ75 B this last weekend..... \

In short, I think im in love! I bought this for the sole purpose of not shooting the wheels off of my (sentimental) Colt 1911 as I shoot semi-frequently, and don't have much of an enjoyable selection of handguns to shoot. An I feel like a found my daily shooter per-se.

I honestly underestimated how nice it feels to shoot and how well CZ can produce a handgun. The machining seems as precision as any other gun manufacture iv had experience with and the accuracy right out the box was laughable! (in a good way) First 5 rounds through it at 7 meters were almost on top of each other. I actually thought I wasn't even hitting the paper at first till I brought the target in. The action to me feels relatively close to that of the 1911 just scaled down. I experienced zero hand and arm fatigue in the 200 rounds I shot through it. its ammo consumption was awesome! 4 different brands, both ball round and hollow points with absolutely no sign of it fussing. Id really like to try some 124gr ammo as it seems EVERYBODY prefers it, unfortunately anything in store around here is 115gr, and its all iv tried so far.

Needless to say im thrilled with the purchase and look forward to how it shoots after a thousand more rounds!

·
Premium Member
25,198 Posts
Glad you like it. I still own the CZ75BD in my profile picture and love it to pieces
The CZ75 SP01 Phantom I sold to one of my brothers and it is still very much loved and appreciated too. The CZ52 in that picture I traded to a FFL for something I wanted worse at the time. I've traded 2 of them off and that was a mistake.

·
Premium Member
25,198 Posts
20180328_211932.jpg
First 5 rounds through it at 7 meters were almost on top of each other. I actually thought I wasn't even hitting the paper at first till I brought the target in.
Question, do they still include a factory target with their pistols? I'll dig mine out and post a picture of it in a few minutes, but it's a pretty respectable group for a reasonably priced factory handgun with common ammo.
EDIT: Six shots vertically strung in about 3-1/4" @25 meters.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Indeed they do, I'll have to take a picture of mine tomorrow. Its a little different but for the most part looks just like that one.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Nice, now you need to go back and get the 75b Omega because they're even better than the standard 75b . The Omega has a better trigger but if memory serves me correct you can add a decocker to the standard 75b but not the Omega ? .

Reactions: ChaZam and Jaison

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
airc there was a 75 that had a decocker.
I tend to ignore that function so it's not a thing to me.
the only complaint I have had with mine is it shoots behind the front sight.
it shots everything behind the front sight.
115's 124's 135 cast 100's even some old 90gr. bird shot filled jackets going like warp 5
all stay behind that big front dot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts