I wanna muzzle brake!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mico, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Mico

Mico Guest

Got a Romanian SAR-1. I love it, except that it is begging for a muzzle brake.

ATF tells me that threading a barrel, attatching a brake, and then permanently affixing it is totally legal... but I can't find a gunsmith anywhere that will touch this job.

Anyone know of anyone who will do this perfectly legal modification?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mico

Mico Guest

Much obliged, Calvin. Thanks.

3. PDM

PDM Guest

home project

There's a company that sells a do it yourself kit with the die and the die guide that fits in a 7.62x39 barrel. It might be Dynasystems? I'll have to look it up. It's kinda high $50 or $60 if I remember right. About what a smith would charge you if not more. One thing about it, after your done you can sell it online. From what I've seen they go pretty fast. By the way that company also sells brakes too.

4. Mico

Mico Guest

I called Global Trades today and the AK is leaving for a trip south in 2 days, Again I appreciate the tip, and although I appreciate the info on the dies, etc, when it comes to a 7.62 round zipping out of a barrel with X amount of force (took a year of physics and 2 of anatomy and physiology) I'd rather shell out and have a pro do it, you know?

Calvin, thanks again. This thread is a prime example of why this site is my #1 site for gun related forums.... the membership seems to have it solidly together.

Mico

5. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Anytime, Mico. You're more than welcome....:nod:

6. PDM

PDM Guest

Just curious, what do they charge?