Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Do a search....plenty out there and on GunBroker.....too bad you didn't get one 6-7 yrs ago for $79 shipped on sale sometimes.....now be prepared to pay $250-450 depending on condition and type/ all matching serial numbers.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
I see a few online and it seems they start at around $375 on up. That is for the 91/30. The M38, M44 and Type 53 Carbines are going high though. Best to look on the gun sites like Gun Broker or Guns America or Armslist

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Oof. It's a bad time for 91/30's, based solely on price.

I suspect your best bet is haunting the local shops that do consignments and watching gunbroker and such. Something in good shape and a reasonable price should hit the rack eventually.

A lot of these have very rough bores, pitted bolt faces, and other issues. Get good pictures if you pay real money for one from a private seller without laying hands on it.

I’ve been selling my 91/30s on consignment locally for $450. Some go faster than others. I’m down to 4.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Who knew these would go that high. $80 for my Tula Hex.
Yes indeed. There's a few I had wish I had kept. I had gotten a new in storage wrap M44 for a wee bit over $100 with sales tax. Iirc the first 91/30 was $45 and the was for a specific project. Oops no the first was my first M44 a Hungarian one but probably Russian made. $75+tax I think and shot dead on with S&B 180gr soft point. 21 years ago.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
"BUY" You'd like to BUY a Mosin Nagant Rifle.

there, I fixed the title.

Will NYS even let you buy one? I mean i guess its a commie rifle so maybe they'd actaully be ok with it.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Oh man, I have a crate of them and should sell some while they are getting good money for them.
I figured if someone wanted to pay that for a 91/30 I could probably part with a few.

I sold all my war era dates, have my sniper on consignment now, and kept the prewar dates.

My point is, maybe pull off what you want to keep and then get one posted for sale!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Check out your local auction houses or pawn shops. There is always someone wanting to sell one.
The first one I bought was at a gun show, the man told me for $65 you can check through them all & take your pick. He had like 8 cases of them, all in cosmoline. I was a sticky, smelly mess by the time I found the one I wanted. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts