close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Was Impressed......

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Aug 18, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

My father was a career soldier in the Army. He retired as a Master Sgt with a Ranger Batallion. He told me a long time ago, "Son, I don't care what mistake one of my soldiers has made, if he shoots straight with me, and remains honest, I'll go to bat for him." He further stated, "But if I know that he has ever lied to me, our relationship is over." I was eight years old then, and had no idea what he was talking about. I'm 26 now and still remember it like it was yesterday.

Two days ago I met the new Chief Of Police in my police department. He's a real cop's cop. He called a meeting with the whole department. I almost fell over when I heard his words......

He introduced himself and then simply said, "Let's make a deal.... Never BS me and I will never BS you." He continued, "If you f#$% up, so be it. Be honest with me and I will go to h e l l and back with you. But, if I find out that you have ever lied to me.... OUR RELATIONSHIP IS OVER!" I wondered if he had possibly ever served with my Dad?!?!?!?!?

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Exactly right!