Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad I live in a city. The dog tha came into my yard 3 weeks ago and caught by the PD (then Pound) was back again trying to kill my other rabbits. It got the expensive on the last time but no one followed up to see who the owner is. Now it was back. It came at me and bit my hand (I was standing still with my hand at my side) but they wouldn't shoot it. Finally they caught it and will impound it again.
On the farm the 7.62 would have been pointed out the window...end of problem.
Why is it I am legally allowed to carry a firearm and protect myself against a human but not a dog?
Probably get this thread pulled but I needed to vent. (Sorry Chris.)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
It's a valid enough question. Why would anyone pull your complaint? I'm sure that a nice quiet .22 would discourage the mutt in the future.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
We also had an unruly dog situation close to here, and the misbehaving dog ended up getting shot by a sheriff's deputy.

The deputy is being charged for shooting the dog. Go figure...?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Too bad I live in a city. The dog tha came into my yard 3 weeks ago and caught by the PD (then Pound) was back again trying to kill my other rabbits. It got the expensive on the last time but no one followed up to see who the owner is. Now it was back. It came at me and bit my hand (I was standing still with my hand at my side) but they wouldn't shoot it. Finally they caught it and will impound it again.
On the farm the 7.62 would have been pointed out the window...end of problem.
Why is it I am legally allowed to carry a firearm and protect myself against a human but not a dog?
Probably get this thread pulled but I needed to vent. (Sorry Chris.)
Let's blame it on the animal rights extremist.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
LHS, I can't recall, is your mosin an m91/30 or m44?...

If so, I have two words for you:

"AFFIX BAYONETS!"

You may not be able to shoot your mosin, but bullets aren't the only way to put holes in a dog that needs to be put down and this one is needin' it in a bad way.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,716 Posts
Put out a large bowl of antifreeze. Dogs love it.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Air rifle definately. Or BB gun. Maybe something with a pump on it to go light the first time, then if he returns, pump it up. Had the same problem with another dog here too. Took to it with a few pumps with a BB gun. It yelped a few times and booked on outta the yard.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Kill the dog's owner, it isn't the dog's fault that it isn't well behaved.

There is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
now im not sure you want to go this far, and im not saying this is the best option hopfully you can think of somthing better.... but you might think about a poison hotdog................

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I feel for you LHS. We had trouble with dogs killing our chickens one year. Luckily out in the country no one thinks twice about a few good ole boys "target practicing". We haven't had dog trouble since :D. I got no idea how to take care of them in the city though.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Have you considered installing Claymores around the perimeter? Seriously tho, I'd pepper spray or mace him since you live in town. Another option is a bow. You can find crossbows pretty cheaply if you look around a bit.

·
Premium Member
30,563 Posts
antifreeze is the ticket.
keep YOUR PETS INSIDE!
i drank some when i was a little kid.
it taste really sweet.
got my stomach pumped for my trouble.
ive used it on skunks before.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
There should be a law in place that the pound has to hold the dog for 10 days to see if it comes down with rabies.
I would look into that.
Sorry to hear about your pet(s).
A.H

·
Premium Member
30,563 Posts
Kill the dog's owner, it isn't the dog's fault that it isn't well behaved.

There is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.
there are both.
POS owners raise POS dogs.
i have seen some dogs that i wouldnt hesitate to kill the 1st chance i got just to clean up the gene pool.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
The neighbors dog came over and bit a friend of mine. He went over to their house later that day and shot both dogs with a .45. He spent 5 years in prison. Whatever you do be careful.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts