close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I wonder...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BenP, Aug 1, 2002.

1. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

If one of us (it don't gotta be me necessarily, but I'd be happy to volunteer) was interested in running for president, how would we build a campaign for them?

Let's say we take advantage of the most modern and prolific media avenues. So of course, we build ourselves a website for the candidate. We put a bio page and a resume page together. We put a platforms page together, and we publish it.

Now, we need to fund the campaign, and we need to advertise. We start by buying banners on popular websites that will sell political adspace. We get our candidate to participate in popular forums and chatrooms where he can get exposure.

Now we need air time. So we have to buy adspace in Newspapers and radio/tv. Maybe we get a break by getting talkshow hosts to promote our candidate for free. It's all about networking our way to national levels. What kind of issues does our candidate promote? We pick ones we know like minded individuals are concerned about. Gun control, taxes, illegal immigrants, middle east, corruption (public and private sector), environment.

Ah, now there's the rub. We can't put a president in office who's too controversial unless we elect a plurality of congressmen as well. Maybe that'd be better anyways. There's enough of us around to run for rep or senate that we could do this. Of course, our candidates would have to be unified on the main issues, but they could have other agendas that pertain to their region, so long as we don't get too conflicted. If we, the working middle class, could get a majority of congressmen elected, it wouldn't really matter who the pres was. If he tried vetoing us on the main issues, we'd steamroll him. It might be hard getting past all the special interest groups and their candidates, or the public welfare supported ones, but we could really do this if we wanted to. I bet I know at least a hundred people who feel more or less like I do.

Now the problem, finding the right person. That's probably the toughest part. We will only really get one chance at this, so we can't pick a sellout. Then you figure we're all gonna have to pony up to support our candidates and their campaigns. That means time and money.

So, who's willing to take our country back? The line starts here I suppose.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I'm too controversial so i guess i'm out! Hows about Klaus!?

3. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

There's one for Texas, they need all the help they can get these days.

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Nomination for the office of President of the United States

Klaus is too much like Truman. He states his opinion bluntly and clearly. No B.S. is added.

You know...that's what we may need. Someone who is bright, doesn't take any c rap from anyone else, understands technology, supports our basic American rights, supports the right to carry arms, isn't influenced by money (ha), and is full of energy.

What else should be required of a candidate? Maybe a little traveling and understanding of other people would help.

Therefore, I nominate Klause for President of the United States of America. Got any seconds?

Oxford:D

5. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I'll second.

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I was realy going to hold out for the Hillery/reno ticket in but I guess Klause likes women almost as much as those 2 do I I 4th the nomanation. (I want to be secratary of education :))

7. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Kinda funny this came up. Just a few days ago I thought about "throwing my hat in the ring" on this forum. But,I really don't have time to run for office,I have to take my dog for a walk.

8. I wanna be secretary of defense. Get to play with some really cool toys.

9. i'd like to throw my name in for vice president!!!
    -Jesse

10. A Congressional appt?

Heck,

I'd be content with a seat in Congress or the senate to support our candidate.:p

BTW we need some pro gun WOMEN in our team!!:nod: :nod: :nod:

11. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

The roll call has begun on the voting for Klaus as President of the U.S.A.

From the great border state of Missouri, which had plenty of battles in the war between the states (sometimes called a civil war),..... the state where some are called Missouri "pukes", and others call it the "show me" state and even others are just plain stubborn as a mule, ......the state where the "gateway to the west is actually an arch, .......the next state which will pass a law allowing carrying of a concealed weapon, ......the birth place of Harry Truman (the father of the "wanna be" pianist Margaret Clifton Daniels of New York, who sort of looked like Hillary), ......the first state to have I-70 completed completely built across the state back in the 1960's and which has been nearly completely rebuilt again with more of your tax dollars , ......the state where the weather changes hourly,.......................................... I, Oxford, being of (un)sane mind (that may be questionable), give you K L A U S as our guns and game. com nominee for president of the United States of America with responsibilities to represent our gun interests in the nations capitol.

Are there any more votes. You're allowed to brag on your states, too, just like the electors do at their convention.

:D :nod: ;) :assult:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2002
  12. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

I, Stopper, from the backassward state of Kansas hereby pledge all votes to Klaus (the man) as President of these United States.

I would like to nominate myself as Head of Homeland Security - my job would be easy - make sure every man woman and child had a gun - there my job is done - now I can go runn'n round naked, drink'n beer and fish'n - with a whole lot of shoot'n in between!!!

13. Klaus do you swear to **************** You da man.
    Weather changes hourly--try southern gulf region--Texas Oxford--Presidents Advisor--for sure.:D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  14. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I wanna be in charge of "vice"! :kinky:

15. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Heres the partial ticket with a few of our political hacks hanging on.

Ok Stopper...you're the homeland security man(does that include keeping the home fires burning or secure?)

And NRAJOE you're probably qualified enough in the area of vice to represent that segment of society.

Now AlanC...you're the key man in this ticket. You're in charge of keeping these nominees out of jail before their terms expire (or get thrown out of office).

Oxford:D :D :D

16. That's going to be a hard job.