Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered:feedback: a dpms lower. 8 weeks out. ok . any opinions on the upper. wilson combat, bushmaster, dpms. 223, and or 6.8 . any tried and true combos here. any special manufacturer you like.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I like DPMS lowers, but their uppers are not as good as many others that are close in price. I am on the Stag bandwagon lately and wouldn't hesitate to recommend their product to anybody. RRA, Bushmaster, Wilson, CMMG are all great. If you can afford $500 I think that CMMG is the way to go, and under $500 Stag or RRA. That is just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
.223 will be easier and cheaper to get ammo for, personally when i buy an AR the first upper will be a .223, i haven't had any experience with either other than reading on here so i don't know about performance, but .223 is the more cost efficient

6.8 may catch on and become more affordable though from what i've read

again what i said was just from reading what other people on here have said

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
RRA = NICE upper. The prices have gone up, but not so much their overpriced.
Bushmaster = HA... Way to much money.
Wilson = Are you kidding me, have you looked at their prices? I can build 3 20" rifles for the cost of ONE of theirs.
Del-Ton = Good prices, good stuff.
Stag = Same as Del-Ton and RRA, good stuff.
J&T = Good prices and good stuff. Not to mention their only about 90 minutes from my door.

And another thing, why in the crap are you waiting 8 weeks for a lower? I can go down the street tomorrow, order a stripped lower, and have it here by Wednesday. Then have the grip, lpk and stock here by Friday no problem.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My friend got one of the Bushmaster uppers during their big sale for right around $400 with carry handle and BCG. Deals can be had when the timing is right. I got a new Wilson barrel for cheap, but it was once in a lifetime event I think.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reply,

i deal with the local gunshop. who , i actuall trust. he has always given me a very good price on everything i have ordered, this time, his supplier said 8 week, no, i did not agree, with the time frame, but , friendship and loyalty tend to run deep. why not a stripped lower, i simply did not want to deal with the issue of parts etc. thanks all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts