Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help identifying a Taurus revolver. It is a six shot .357. I found three numbers on it. 8382 on side of the frame, M282 under the grips, and L634 on the frame under the cylinder. Does anyone know what model this is?

·
Premium Member
4,481 Posts
Can you please tell us the barrel length? Are the sights adjustable? Is the grip frame square or round butt? Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a picture, my brother in law has the gun in another state. It is missing the screw that holds the yoke in. I think it had a four inch barrel. The grips were square on the bottom.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,195 Posts
azgunnut01, I'm sure jwernecke is correct. But if you want to be sure, call Taurus in Miami and ask for Customer Service. The serial number of Taurus revolvers is usually stamped on the right side of the frame ahead of the trigger guard. With the serial number, Taurus Customer Service can go into the computer and tell you the model number for certain. This can be important if you are registering a firearm. The authorities can be awfully fussy about that, even through it's the serial number they go by.

I just did that for an old Taurus revolver generally similar to the Model 66, but was told mine is so old, the computer doesn't have the model in the system!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
azgunnut01, I'm sure jwernecke is correct. But if you want to be sure, call Taurus in Miami and ask for Customer Service. The serial number of Taurus revolvers is usually stamped on the right side of the frame ahead of the trigger guard. With the serial number, Taurus Customer Service can go into the computer and tell you the model number for certain. This can be important if you are registering a firearm. The authorities can be awfully fussy about that, even through it's the serial number they go by.

I just did that for an old Taurus revolver generally similar to the Model 66, but was told mine is so old, the computer doesn't have the model in the system!
I would look into it even if you think I am right. As all I did was put in "Taurus .357" in the search bar on gunbroker then look for a six shot .357mag with squared wooden grips. Dont take my answer as a professional opinion...lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got a picture, but it is not the best quality. I ordered a cylinder stop screw from Numrich but the threads weren't right (the threads were too big but the screw head fit the hole).

The barrel is a 4 inch barrel.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts