Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,204 Posts
VEPR or SAIGA conversion for quality, fit and finish, and accuracy potential. I gues I'm a dreamer and waiting for the big ban to sunset. Greener pastures 'eh?

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I have all three calibers of Saiga and love them all. Yes,m waiting for the ban to die myself so I can add folders, bayo lugs, and thread the muzzles.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,325 Posts
Just like when I started out...Romanian first, then work your way up...

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,325 Posts
Because they are cheaply priced and go bang all the time...

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I started with a Saiga 20, since I wanted a semi-auto shotgun with detachable mag... That was the test to see if Saiga actions were better than the Romanians, which I had found uncomfortable. After it felt great, and I wanted to build something, not just buy guns, I did a Saiga 7.62x39 conversion, which is easier than converting a WASR-10 to hi-cap. I also prefer the ergonomics of the Saiga handguard over the standard AK, because my fingers were able to grip around, not just up.

For those who find the standard AK furniture comfy and the action smooth enough, and the triggers unretalliatory, Romanians are good choices in my opinion.

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
Arsenal is my next one.

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

I'm thinking on buying the Arsenal, milled receiver, great attention to detail, nice finish.

I would like a VEPR, but they're very scarse, Joe hang on to yours!!!

Is the VEPR stamped or milled? Can't remember fer sure.

I don't like the Saigas 'cause I'm afraid to touch the receiver for a welldone conversion, but finish and atention to detail are A+, the receiver is stamped.

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
VEPRs are stamped, but use much thicker metal that offers similar rigidity and thus accuracy compared to milled receivers. The design is the same as a standard AK, but they are on the RPK pattern, where everything is bigger and very little is interchangeable with AK. Magazines are though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mandy said:
I'm thinking on buying the Arsenal, milled receiver, great attention to detail, nice finish.
I would like a VEPR, but they're very scarse, Joe hang on to yours!!!
Let's put it this way.....I had a very nice Bulgarian SLR95 milled,that I was gonna keep as my "best AK"....That was untill I held a VEPR!!! It won me over right away....It just feels so SOLID!! Even better than my SLR95!! The extra weight,the longer length of pull on the buttstock,the modern furniture...I love it! And it shoots as good as it looks!
:loveydove :cheer:

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

Consider a Galil, it isn't an AK but it its based on it.

I read somewhere that they are as tough as nails, extremely reliable gun!!

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts