Iiiiii'mmmmmmmm Bbbaaaaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, Oct 6, 2002.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

well only got 30 miles from home when the "Burban" give out sound like a bad valve tap, with a clunking noise thrown in. and would only 35-40 floored. but got us back home ok. thinking may be timing belt or something???:(

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Hope you didn't bend your valve rods! Had a chain go out on me and limped it home like that and bent the crap out of them! :mad:

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

PAPA G: It could be worse. On my last driving trip of about 800 miles, my motor froze up about 300 miles from home resulting in me having to junk out the car in Wichita.

Hopefully, you'll only have minor repairs.
    Oxford :nod:

4. Doglips

Doglips Guest

If it "Jumped" timeing...only 1 or 2 teeth worth...then advanceing the timeing....sometimes fixes it. May also be the fule pump....not getting enough gas to run at hi-way speeds....only way to check is with a pressure guage.
    Good luck..I know latley Ive been playing Bobs' Auto repair to the point Im starting to wounder if I put 5 pounds of black powder in the engins if it would fix em :)

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

well i know its not fuel related, i know that much, and i probably did more damage pushing it to get home. but it would have been a long walk home for us. now to find a good mechanic that know his stuff.

6. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

About 4 months ago, I was going to take my daughter to her moms house (75 mile drive) and about at 30 miles away the truck ligthed the oil indicator.
    I inmediately stoped and checked the oil and it was full.
    Next, I carefully drove back home at about 25 MPH in the freeway with the hazards on and praying all the way back.
    I noticed that if I shut the engine and started it again the indicator went off so I did this all the way back.
    This was sunday night at about 8:30 pm.
    When I made it back, I got my other car and took my daughter to her home.
    In the morning, when I tried to start my truck, It won't so I guess that some angel protected me and my daughter in the way back home.
    The final diagnostic was a clogged engine due to use of thicker oil than recomended.
    I had to change the engine and now I use only the recomended oil only.

7. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

Funny thing, same thing (oil pump) happened to me 5 years ago in the same spot in the freeway with my dads car and the engine had to be changed too.

I guess that's the sweet spot in the freeway.