I'm a Grandpuppy

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by animalspooker, Sep 24, 2020.

1. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Well since rando announced his turtles hatching, I thought I'd announce our arrival from this past Monday. There was 9 of them! This little momma is my baby, and I didn't want her to have a litter, but wifey insisted on having one. Well, we had 2-3 litters at once....9 Pups! All are doing well so far. These critters are a lot of work.

I was hesitant to post, didn't care for the 'puppy mill' accusations to start flying!

Attached Files:

2. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Cute critters, 'Spooker.

Can your baby feed all of them?

graybeard, neophyte and ChaZam like this.

3. animalspooker

She doesn't seem to eat well enough to at this point, but we have backup plans if we stop seeing weight gain. They're all putting it on so far!

4. Jaison

Good luck with the herd. Puppies are a great gift and blessing.

5. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

animalspooker: Sir; “Mrs.’animalspooker” made the right decision:) puppies :) puppies:) puppies:)

Stickman, BigEd63, 455rocket and 3 others like this.
  6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Get some of this and mix it into her canned or dry food with some added water. I'm currently doing that with the Fox Valley kitten formula with this nursing momma cat and her litter of 6 kitties that I have here. Their pricing is $12.60 plus shipping for 1 pound, and at the drop down arrow 3.5 lb. would be $27.30 plus $12.60 plus shipping, etc. They make some really good products all tailored especially for certain species.
    https://store.foxvalleynutrition.com/puppy-formula

7. ChaZam

I think you should petition the admins here on G&G to change your forum handle from animalspooker to "doggonepuppymiller" ;):p:D

8. animalspooker

Yes they are Jais. Our original plan was to sell one or two to friends and recoup all our expenses, and then keep the rest.....not sure I can keep 7 puppies!!!

Thanks for the headsup Chaz!!! I'll get on that.

Jaison, neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  9. graybeard

graybeard G&G Evangelist

Congrats 'Spooker - lotsa of love for that litter.

10. ChaZam

Welcome.
    When I was fostering cats and kittens on my own dime I bought some of this stuff and initially found out about this brand from the Denton Shelter. The Lake Dallas shelter who I am fostering for now uses it also. In their descriptions of the kitten and puppy formulas, it specifically mentions supplementing the nursing queens and biotches with it. Later on when your pups start showing interest in food other that mom's milk making a gruel with some of this, canned food, dry food, and some water will be a good concoction to move them to real food while providing lots of nutrients that growing pups need. I add some of it to the food my kittens get long after they are weened and consequently some of my fosters will weigh 3 pounds at 10 weeks perhaps.

Huey Rider and Jaison like this.
  11. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Don't worry brother we won't let any outsider pick on our donkey.
    Those are some cute pups. Give that little Momma a good petting and hug for me will you.

12. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Cute pups! Wife thought so too. Before she said anything I said “No”!!!

animalspooker and ChaZam like this.
  13. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

If'n we had a dog that had 9 pups, we;d be the owners of 10 dogs! My wife would never trust any of them to anyone!:(

animalspooker and ChaZam like this.
  14. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Good looking mama dog and pups! I once had a Golden Retriever/Yellow Lab. mix. She had one litter, 11 pups. They all grew healthy, even the 2 runts.

Don't give them away. Be sure anyone that gets one has a vested interest. Simply explain it just covers shots, worming (if needed) and other costs prior to their ownership.

15. Felix's Tattoo

Felix's Tattoo G&G Evangelist

OK, I gotta ask....what kind of dogs are they?

16. animalspooker

She is a Goldendoodle and the father is a full size (red) poodle.

Jaison likes this.
  17. maddogg

maddogg G&G Evangelist

That's a fine looking litter.
    I couldn't do that. I'd never be able to part with the pups.

animalspooker and Jaison like this.
  18. animalspooker

^^^They're four days old and it's getting harder to think of, by the minute. May not make it to 8 weeks.

Jaison likes this.
  19. Jaison

How're mama and the pups?

Any more photos, brother 'Spooker?

20. animalspooker

4 days old! Trip to the vet for a little tail snipping (3 of them) and dew claw removal. puppies3.jpg

Blondie looks pretty content doesn't she?

ncnascarlady likes this.