close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm a Henry owner for life now

Discussion in 'Henry' started by SynthMusician, May 24, 2011.

1. I just bought my son a the lever action .22, It's a beautiful firearm and I must say the company is stellar. Here is why, the lever action .22 comes with a plastic front barrel band, I'm no fan of plastic parts on firearms anyway. I had heard there was a replacement metal one available. I called the company and asked them if there was such a part. The person on the phone said what is your name and address? I gave him my info and he said one is on it's way. I asked how much and he said don't worry about it.

That my friends is customer service at it's best. So now I'm looking for a Mini Bolt, an Accu Bolt and another lever for ME!

Thanks Henry!
    Seeya
    Mark

2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I've heard similar stories about them Mark. Hope you and the son really bond around that 22.

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Congratulations on your Henry purchase.

They are GREAT lever guns, and a HOOT to shoot!

4. I'd have to agree that this is the kind of customer service we should always get.

Congrats on choosing to and getting your son a Henry and here's :friday:to you getting one for yourself. lol

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I want one!

And like that kind of cust. service.

6. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    When I bought my Henry AR-7 US Survival Rifle, I wanted the ability to put a sling on it. The owner of the gun shop and I between us came up with the idea of clamping a 20-gauge Uncle Mike's sling swivel that is designed to clamp around the magazine tube of a 20-gauge on the front, and taking a universal patrol sling intended for AR-15s and fiddling with it until the straps form a kind of nest for the buttstock.

As i had heard the same complaint about a lack of a sling from other AR-7 owners, I sent the solution we devised and the part numbers off to Henry. A few days later I got an email from Anthony Imperato, the president of the company, thanking me for the solution, which he said they were putting in their files so they could tell anyone who asked how to put together one for themselves.

Henry understands about making customers feel appreciated.

99dragon99 and Big Dog like this.
  7. Now go get yourself a Golden Boy. They don't have plastic sights and barrel bands but you can get a brass barrel band and an engraved receiver cover for them.

8. Borla

Borla G&G Newbie

I love my Henry Big Boy, and it's awesome to hear your story. Now THAT is customer service!

9. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

This is encouraging me to make my next rimfire hunting rifle purchases Henry's.

A .22Mag lever gun as a varmint rifle would be nice.

10. Mine is .357 , great lever action rifle !

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Bought a Henry 22mag lever a couple months ago. It's not the golden boy just a regular 22mag. Action smooth as silk, and i find it very accurate, and just plain fun to shoot. I am going to scope it up cause my eyes aren't as great with the irons anymore. Very happy with mine. I wish they would make it in 243 or 308, what a sweetie to carry, and shoot, that would be.

12. Fregly

Fregly G&G Newbie

Sling for Henry

Awesome sling for Henry. SlingALL from ebay. There are no metal parts to attach to the rifle.

It straps on in less than ten seconds and removed in less time. All you need is the sling, no attachments, sling studs, or swivels.

I like it because you don't have to change anything about your lever gun and still effectively sling it. My son and I enjoy slinging our Henry around the trails.

The real selling point for me is that the sling will work for all the rifles I own without sling studs and swivels. One sling for four rifles: SlingALL SOLD

13. About 6 or so years ago I bought a Henry Youth Model 22LR lever action. I could not believe what a slick little rifle it was. I had a problem with the extractor, called customer service, they said send it back, we'll fix it.
    No way was I going to let that beautiful rifle out of my sight, and I told 'em so.
    They sent me the part (no charge), the cell phone number of one of their shop guys, and a note to call if I needed help, they would walk me thru instalation. And they did! Fantastic service, from the woman who answered the phone in the first place all the way through.
    I can not recommend Henry rifles highly enough!
    I'm another customer for life.

14. i have the .45 bigboy.
    a magnificent rifle.
    so beautiful.

15. I am 63 years old and for most of my life I was healthy as a horse. 11 months ago I was taken from work to the hospital by ambulance only to find that I was diagnosed with diverticulitus and Bladder cancer. As it turns out after four months of Chemo and several other trips back to the hospital from infections I finally had surgery to remove the bladder and prostate this past August. I only mention this because a week or so ago I went onto the Henry website to tell Mr. Imperato how much my Henry Golden boy had given me a higher fighting spirit to become recovered enough to get to the range to shoot my GB.

A few days ago I received an Email from Mr. Imperato sending his thoughts and prayers for my speedy recovery. also asked for my personal information because he wished to send me a case for my Henry and one of Henrys baseball caps (which I will proudly wear even though my hair has finally started to grow back).

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I can only judge a company by the quality of the products they produce and by the character of the folks that run the company. In the case of the Henry company I give it the highest marks possible for not only making some of the best rifles at down to earth affordable prices but also because the owner not only appreciates his customer base but he takes a personal interest in them as individuals. I can't really think of another companies owner that would go to the extra efforts that Mr. Imperato has done for me and I am sure for many, many others.

I have owned many other brands of rifles but I have never found another company that would go to the lengths that Henry and it's owner has shown me. If there is a company out there who has done more for it't family of customers, I have yet to be aware of it.

As a footnote: I got my case and cap and also got a call from Mr. Imperato himself about an hour after the package arrived. you can't ask for a better company then Henry.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    Grumpus and Big Dog like this.
  16. mrippon

mrippon G&G Newbie

I just bought a .22 mag and it is the best! you will love it!

17. roygbell

roygbell G&G Newbie

Three weeks ago I bought two new Henry 22 rifles. The H001 and the Golden Boy 22 with the octagon barrel. I have had both of them to the range and both shoot about 4 inches high with no lower adjustment for the back sight.

Two days ago, I sent Henry an email thinking it would be after Christmas before I heard anything back from them. About 10 minutes later I got a call on my cell phone from the Bayonne NJ area code. I almost didn't answer it as I don't normally take calls from unknown area codes. But, I did and it was Henry calling me. They told me they would ship out a new front sight for both of the rifles at no cost.

18. Bigd3048

Bigd3048 G&G Newbie

Love these rifles.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  19. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Welcome to G&G from Alaska.
    Stop on in at the Introduction forum and say "Hello" to everyone.

Introduction - Gun and Game - Gun Forum

20. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

Are they all tube fed?