close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm a newbie here and just wondering...

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Guisan, Sep 27, 2013.

1. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Myself, I never go to any specific forum like Swiss Rifles, I always go to New Posts to see who's yapping about what in all of the forums. If there's a thread I'm interested in, I'll toss in my 2 cents. But I rarely go to any specific forums. Just the way I roll.

2. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

The Mosin forum gets about as much traffic as anywhere

3. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

I always go to the new posts page and browse whatever's new. If it interests me or I have a question or something to add I will. Sometimes I will go into a specific forum but checking the new posts page very so often, daily, you get a good deal of new posts to read.

The phone app is nice because it has a latest posts tab that shows anything new as well sometime there's quite a few things in there.

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!

4. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

And you're not a newbie here, you're GUISAN!!! Our well-respected expert, guru, and well of knowledge on the wonderful Swiss rifles! Speaking of which, I had my two K31's out making smoke and little holes just this Wednesday. With my Swiss Products scope mount on one. Awesome, awesome.....

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey, is there a nice non drill and tap scope mount out there for a Swiss?

6. GUNZABLAZIN

GUNZABLAZIN G&G Evangelist

Swiss Products makes an Aluminum clamp-on mount, no alteration to the gun!

Swiss Products

7. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

They come in aluminum AND steel, IIRC. I have an aluminum one, very quality product. I think you have to get 'em from Brownells, SP doesn't sell direct. Mounts with one screw and clamps tight. They have lots of cool stuff!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  8. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I was thinking the same thing

9. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I have to agree, Jay. This is usually the first forum I check into when I fire up the computer. I browse thru the different threads and pick up some knowledge along the way. I think we would be the group that you see in the local coffee shop every day, laughing, joking and even arguing about everything under the sun

10. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

G&G is the first site I visit, and I just click on "new posts" That pretty well brings me up to date on posts, regardless of which G&G forums those posts are in. I feel like I stand a better chance of not missing too much that way.

I like the coffee-shop analogy. There's a little family restaurant two blocks from me. Disagreements are fine, but the manner in which those disagreements are presented is the key to being a disagreement vs. an argument. A disagreement in a coffee shop, (or forum) is one thing, but an argument that has an adverse effect on other customers (or forum users) needs to be discouraged. :usa2:

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Is OK, you sent me to Red Whire And Blue, who had exactly one, so I got the follower. Don't know if I ever thanked you for directing me his way.

12. I only post to give sage advice and general deep wisdom.
    that reminds me
    did ya hear the one about the weenie dog ,the cactus and the pogo stick?
    oh wait this is a family forum
    nevermind....

13. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Woo Hoo,

I love coffee shops with donuts, and good conversation! :yup:

14. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I Just Post To Add Color To this boring encyclopedia of a forum.:240:

15. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

I have the same mount on my K31 and it is rock solid. I've shot hundreds of rounds of GP11 through my rifle and never ever did the mount loosen up or the scope loose zero. If you go back in this forum you'll find the posts I made about my rifle as well as pictures.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  16. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

It looks like a pretty good response to a thread about Swiss rifles. If this were in the Garand forum, it would likely be a bit more active.

17. jason1965

I agree totally with you. I also think that the Swiss rifles are often overlooked in the world of mil-surp guns. They can out shoot a Mauser or a Mosin Nagant.

18. chesterwin

The Swiss are or were known for quality. IE: Swiss Watches

The Garand is known for something too. IE: Possibly why the Korean rifles are being blocked from coming home.

19. jason1965

That still angers the crap out of me that South Korea was not able to sell back to the U.S. the Garands and M1 carbines that they received from us.
    Which brings up a question in my mind:
    If U.S. tax payer money was used to build and ship those rifles to the South Koreans, why should we have to buy them back? Shouldn't they be sent back free of charge and offered up to us at no charge to those that are allowed to own guns?

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!

20. chesterwin

Danged good point!