Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

Global Warming Enthusiast
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
4? :usa:
I can see a gun cabinet from where I sit with 15 in it.
those are just the ones in the front room.
15 lever action? :)

You sir shall become useful to me in future purchases... I thank you in advance. :D

Registered
My vote is the rifle, long lean and sexy with a big loop.

Premium Member
Hi Lance.
I had a the 20" Rossi M92 in 357 and it was a pretty nice little gun, but I didn't really shoot it too much. Then I used it in a trade to the FFl from whom I bought it from a few years ago. Fast forwards to a few months ago after I had bought a Ruger 41 Rem. Magnum SBH Hunter I started obsessing about a rifle or carbine in that caliber. Lo and behold a friend sent me a link for the Henry Big Boy Steel in that caliber so then I really started jonsing about it But silly me, before I ordered the lever gun I bought a 2nd Ruger revolver. Then on my birthday I went to my favorite north Texas gun store and had them order me the Big Boy steel carbine in 41 Magnum. That was on Nov. 2nd and on the afternoon of the 5th Lisa at the gun store called me informing me that was in. Did the 4473 and before leaving the premises I also had then sell me the Henry 22LR carbine with the big loop too. I haven't shot neither of these yet but the fit and finish appears to be pretty good for a lever gun at this price point. They do not have a manual safety but instead have a transfer bar safety ... I have cycled ammo through both of them in the back yard and it seems that all systems are go for when I actually get out to shoot them.

Some observations about the Henry lever gun choices in 357 Magnum and/or 44 Magnum that you may or may not have figured out yet. You can also get both of those calibers in a few other variants such as the Big Boy Classic, a Color Case Hardened version, the Big Boy Silver version, etc... <<< Some of those choices are available as a rifle or the carbine.
The big loop on the carbine is available as an accessory and can be fitted to a rifle if you chose to have a big loop 20" or 24" variant.
Could I suggest that you order their catalog from the website? For me it's much easier to peruse a printed catalog of all the available variants than it is to scroll back and forth all over a website hoping you haven't missed a choice somewhere in the process... I ordered it after I got my 41 Mag. and my 22LR and had it in the mail in just a few days. Below I'll post a link for the catalog. (you can also print a PDF version but this great printed catalog is 86 pages, front and back covers, and included a few brochures as well) ...
https://www.henryusa.com/catalog/

Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Okay, I tolf my FFL to grab the rifle version for me. Californistan delays and all... I should have a fit/finish report in a couple weeks and a range report shortly after. :D

The color case hardened one... I love the vintage look. I also love the fact it comes with a forward sling stud, this guy makes some cool covers and slings for the levers.

https://gunstockcover.com/

Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi Lance.
...I also had then sell me the Henry 22LR carbine with the big loop too....

...Could I suggest that you order their catalog from the website?...
Hahaha c'mon Rex, you know I have the Henry catalog. ;)

You're going to love that 22, I haven't shot my 10/22 since I got my Golden Boy about 8 years ago. It's what 22 rifles are all about IMO.

Henry.jpeg

What about the carbine? :D
Well... I guess that's next! ;)

Registered
Rifle. Longer sight radius, more velocity. Buy the big loop later for $50. I just went through this with a customer yesterday.
longer sight radius sure, but how much addtl velocity do you really get from 20" over 16.5" out of something like a .357 or .44.. .45 etc? arent these basically pistol cartridges designed for 6" or so barrels?

Registered
they [they as in Rossi and winchester] also make a short rifle version as well as the carbine and the rifle.
I'm always on the lookout for a good 20" short rifle.

Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just got a call from Tim at 7th street Pawn, my Henry is IN! He says it's beautiful, I'm going by there tomorrow to pay up and get a good look... then it's Kommiefornia's 10 day gun jail. So sometimes around Dec 1st I should have it in hand. I'll post pics tomorrow!

Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Awesome, glad you are getting close to seeing it and eventually taking possession of it.
Ridiculous isn't it? I could almost see the logic in a waiting period for someone buying their first gun... I don't support that, but I can respect their opinion on it as much as I disagree with it becuase it is an infringement plain and simple. But, how many guns do you think I have and what purpose can it possibly serve to make me wait ten days to get a lever action rifle? The only purpose is for discouraging purchases and eventually disarming the populace.

Anyway, it's just not that big of a deal except it means two trips to the gun store and it's 40 miles from me. I'm used to it, but it sucks.

Discussion Starter · #39 ·
^^^ That's it, pure and simple. They want it to such an aggravation to everyone that some people just decide it's not worth it.
Well it hasn't worked with me, but I'm a pretty thick skinned and determined individual. It HAS worked to some extent with a few friends. Especially for private party transfers... what if someone wants to buy something not on the "safe handgun roster?" Well you can buy it PPT but it can't be shipped... So if I want to buy a gun from someone in Redding for example (12+ hour drive) I would have to make two trips. So yeah, 48 hours of driving, who's going to do that?

Guns are in the top three reasons I am leaving this state, I'm a citizen and not a subject.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts