Gun and Game Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Global Warming Enthusiast
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
In 1846 the Bear Flag Revolt occurred in Old California. Americans challenged the abusive Mexican Government.
:usa2:
Did the Mexicans have helicopters and MRAP's? ;)

The subjects of California have voted for these a-holes and these laws, they are welcome to them. If it weren't for me trying to not write a $50,000 check to the gub'ment for capital gains I would have been gone in August of 2018, as it is I will be here until September of 2020 and then I'll be a memory for the folks around here.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Did the Mexicans have helicopters and MRAP's? ;)

The subjects of California have voted for these a-holes and these laws, they are welcome to them. If it weren't for me trying to not write a $50,000 check to the gub'ment for capital gains I would have been gone in August of 2018, as it is I will be here until September of 2020 and then I'll be a memory for the folks around here.
Back in those days it was fast moving Mexican Light Horse Cavalry. Their battle cry was "Take no Prisoners".:eek: All things in their own time.

·
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
if that's for real estate gains, there are ways around it.
Do tell, please PM me with any details you might share. Keeping in mind I took the cap gains exemption on my primary residence on 8/20/18 and so the best I can understand it to be sure I can't close escrow on this place until 8/21/20.

·
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ohhhhh and back on track here, I saw my Henry today and forgot to take a pic! :(

But.... my guy had an un-fired Henry 45-70 that just came out of pawn, it sure looked sweet! He wants $550. I'm tempted!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
if you've already burned your exemption your kind of stuck.
but you are most likely only required to pay on the gain and not the rest.
I was dreading the sale of a piece of property I had in Utah until it rolled through the federal tax return and found I didn't make enough on the sale [versus purchase price] for them to even bother.
I don't understand the whole thing [I don't think anyone does]
I was prepared to slide around the tax thing by borrowing from my IRA account to keep what I had gained and by-pass the withdrawal tax on the 401 by using it to pay the IRS for fed taxes.

I'm also pretty sure if you roll the whole thing over into another property you don't have any tax due, I used that exemption when we moved here and I sold a different piece of property in Utah to pay for the down payment.

for some reason real estate has about 100 different ways to slide around the tax laws.
the trick is finding someone that knows half of them.

·
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
^^^ There are some ways I might be able to thread the needle, but I'm down to 9 months now. I just don't want to screw with it really when I know I can just be free of it all in August of 2020. Another summer doing HVAC in SoCal won't hurt as far as socking away some more in the nest egg either. I'm good to go, just want to do it right and without any strings.

·
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Finally in my grubby paws! Wow what a nice rifle, these guys are really on their game right now. I realize these are a relatively new design with a vintage vibe, but I can imagine after I'm gone and perhaps the person after me as well... I wouldn't be be surprised that these become as cherished as our old Winchesters etc.

Henry1.jpeg

Henry2.jpeg

Henry3.jpeg

Well done folks!

·
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Okay guys.... opinions please. Henry should have case colored the lever IMO, and on the website they only offer the big loop in case color. Leave it be or add the matching big loop for $85?

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Okay guys.... opinions please. Henry should have case colored the lever IMO, and on the website they only offer the big loop in case color. Leave it be or add the matching big loop for $85?

Do you know a gun smith or shop of some kind who could case harden yours for $85.00 or less?

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
I am not a fan of Case Hardened finish, but I AM a fan of Big Loop Levers, AND all matching finish.

Get Henry to do the swap for you. Down the road you will be glad you did!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts