Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have emailed them and emailed them....no response. I need help with a gun I have regarding a function problem. No response thus far and it's been a couple of weeks. Is this great American company going downhill? I refuse to believe such blasphemy!

Colt, thanks your help BTW.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,158 Posts
Call on the phone. People are getting immune to e-mails. all the garbage out there is screwing up the legit ones. Also send a letter (snail mail) explaining the e-mail gripe. Be relentless on the phone 'till you get someone to help.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yeah 1*, what model and what problem? We may be able to fix it!

I know of one common problem on P series pistols where a small spring can get out of place and prevent the action from cycling properly.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've posted it before but it's been a while. Colt45 has helped me out to a great extent also. The man knows his Rugers, that's for sure.

I have a Mini14 Circa 1976 Series 180. It came with a Butler Creek folder on it that was made for a Series 181 or higher. The difference in the 180 (the very first Mini14) and the 181 and up is that Ruger changed the gas port, therefore the gun will not cycle properly unless it has a stock made for the 180.

Ruger no longer produces the series 180 stocks as I understand. I have contacted Brownells and several others, but all stocks they carry are 181 or higher. Same with Dillan. Numerich stocks the stock, but has been out of stock for almost two years now.

Endless searching at gun shows etc. Contacted a Ruger "LE only" dealer here in San Antonio and he is "rumored" to be looking.

I thought I would contact Ruger direct and see if they could send me in the right direction.

Colt45 got me lined up with some custom stock makers and I may have to go that route. But before I do I'm simply trying to find a good ole Ruger wooden stock for it.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
sorry to hear you ahve had no luck so far Matt,
i have a customer that comes down from rochester every other week and hes going to keep an eye out for one also.
and there is a customer taht is retired and all he does is travle the country going to gun showes from his motor home (man what a life hu?) he said he would watch for one a grab it if he say it.
when i checked with ruger in this they gave me three places to check.
1 jack first
2 gunparts (numeric)
3 gerry ferry
they where the only places that the ruger factory rep in arizona could think of that i might find one.
none of these guys had it nor had any idea where to find it, although gerry does have several extractors if you need one.
good luck, and if anything comes about from the search up here i'll call you.
Mike

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Lacey Place
Southport, CT 06890
Telephone: 203-256-3860
Fax: 203-255-5201

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773
Telephone: 603-863-3300
Fax: 603-863-0535

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301
Telephone: 928-778-6555
Fax: 928-778-6633

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Originally posted by MAX7.62
Yeah 1*, what model and what problem? We may be able to fix it!

I know of one common problem on P series pistols where a small spring can get out of place and prevent the action from cycling properly.
Which spring please elaborate.
The only problem that I ever had with my P-89 was using
Pachmayer grips.

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Matt I called them last week regarding blackhawk specs and they gave me plenty of info over the 20 minute call.

I would call them if I were you and then 3you'll get the info you require

1 - 12 of 12 Posts