Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have emailed them and emailed them....no response. I need help with a gun I have regarding a function problem. No response thus far and it's been a couple of weeks. Is this great American company going downhill? I refuse to believe such blasphemy!

Colt, thanks your help BTW.

· Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've posted it before but it's been a while. Colt45 has helped me out to a great extent also. The man knows his Rugers, that's for sure.

I have a Mini14 Circa 1976 Series 180. It came with a Butler Creek folder on it that was made for a Series 181 or higher. The difference in the 180 (the very first Mini14) and the 181 and up is that Ruger changed the gas port, therefore the gun will not cycle properly unless it has a stock made for the 180.

Ruger no longer produces the series 180 stocks as I understand. I have contacted Brownells and several others, but all stocks they carry are 181 or higher. Same with Dillan. Numerich stocks the stock, but has been out of stock for almost two years now.

Endless searching at gun shows etc. Contacted a Ruger "LE only" dealer here in San Antonio and he is "rumored" to be looking.

I thought I would contact Ruger direct and see if they could send me in the right direction.

Colt45 got me lined up with some custom stock makers and I may have to go that route. But before I do I'm simply trying to find a good ole Ruger wooden stock for it.

1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.