I'm glad I shopped when I did

Discussion in 'M1 Carbine' started by DefenderBob, Aug 20, 2010.

1. I just took a look at the CMP website. For M1 Carbines they only list barreled receivers which could be described as "junk" (their term). No exchanges, no returns.

That page also noted that no more M1 Carbines are expected to come in. I got the impression that this means that they don't expect any to come in again ever.

I hope they get some good ones in again some day. I'm just glad I shopped when I did.

2. jimb2

jimb2 G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    I'm just glad I got to the North Store before all the boltless disappeared!

3. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Wah, whine, snivel, sniff...
    I got my boltless order ready to send in and the CMP ran out of'em.
    Too bad...so sad...

4. jimb2

jimb2 G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    I live 2 1/2 hrs drive from the North Store.I'm retired. I can go any time my checkbook or savings account allow it! (unfortunately, that isn't too often!)

5. oldjarhead

MO
    Go ahead...just rub it in...go ahead, do it.
    Nanananana...Some folks just have good luck, that's all
    LOL

6. Capt.Hotpants

Capt.Hotpants G&G Regular

I'm happy my Grandpa gave me his before he passed away. Its one of my favorite rifles to shoot... unfortunately i dont get to shoot it too often due to the cost of ammo.

7. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Ya but Ohio liquor is watered down! So there!

8. oldjarhead

MO
    Yeah, that's why the good ole Buckeye goes to Kentucky for some class AA white lightening...whoo boy that stuff is electrifying!

The CMP doesn't expect to receive any more from the Army...Korea has so many to sell but the Doofus regime is not allowing the guns in.

CaptHotpants...get your ammo from the CMP while they still have it...it comes out to $20 a box but shoots very well.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Gunshow prices will climb pretty fast.....and this will happen to the Garands sometime in the future too.

10. jimb2

jimb2 G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Watered down whiskey? Ain't you guys ever heard of a "Lake Erie Highball"? *LOL*

11. The family connection makes your carbine more special than anything I could ever buy.

12. oldjarhead

MO
    Lake Erie Highball???
    I won't even eat fish that comes from Lake Erie...lol

13. jimb2

jimb2 G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Hate to tell you this, but Lake Erie is the cleanest of the Great Lakes. The water cycles through much faster than any of the other lakes. All of the areas of concern in L.E. have been cleaned up. The other G.Lakes can't say that. Our biggest problems are foreign invaders and the water being TOO CLEAN! We are getting explosive algae growth as a result! The days of the burning river are long gone.

14. oldjarhead

MO
    When I was a kid (eons ago) I remember going to the great lakes on vacation with my Gparents. Everything was clean and beautiful back then.
    Left Ohio in 63 and very seldom looked back.