Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a nice yugoslavian m59/66. I was thinking of branching out and getting one of those chinese paratrooper abominations. A nice small reliable rifle that wont mind getting dirty. I mainly plan to use it for camping and hiking. If anyone has any experience, or any reason not to get one, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I had an AK magged paratrooper once, it was fine. Sounds like it would fit the bill for your uses.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i figure its better than getting a 9mm camp rifle because i camp in bear country alot. Also, I know the sks inside and out finally. after asking for advice on this board so many times. :)

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
SKS is far more reliable and durable than a Marlin Camp 9. Ammo is much better against any animal than 9mm.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also have a Norino paratrooper. Absolutely reliable with any brand of ammo-this with over 2000. Four inches or better at 100yds with anything I've put through it. Was my truck piece until I got an AK. Nothing against the Norinco, just think the psychological component plays a part. The AK is more recognizable by potential threats, which of course would not be much help with a bear!

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I wouldn't want to feed it a steady diet of it, but if camping in bear country, I would load 'er up with the bad-a** round from Cor-Bon and feel pretty comfortable knowing that I could at least ruin ol' Smoky's day if he F'ed with me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts