close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm going to try baking some Pillsbury Cresents with apple butter filling

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Wicked109, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

It just sounded real good so I'm going to try it. I'll let you know how it tastes.
    upload_2017-11-11_22-1-22.png
    upload_2017-11-11_22-4-30.jpeg

2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I never have tried that before. I have wrapped hot dogs in them and baking them though. Also I have took melted butter and brushed it on the Crescents and sprinkled a little Cinnamon and sugar and rolled them up and in the oven. Let us know how the Apple Butter works.

neophyte, Wicked109 and gsbuickman like this.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Been ages since I have eaten apple butter! Loved it as a kid. :)

Ron Eagle Elk, neophyte and Wicked109 like this.
  4. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Actually that works really well and I'm a big fan of apple butter, have several jars of it in the kitchen myself. It also works really well with your favorite jar of preserves and they're even better with a little icing on top sort of like a streusel. If you have one you can also make them in a sandwich maker instead of the oven

neophyte, Wicked109 and ncnascarlady like this.
  5. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Gsbuickman, I still have an unopened packet of icing...great suggestion.

6. writerinmo

writerinmo G&G Evangelist

The wife takes the Crescents and puts a spoon or two of pie filling in them, thanks for the reminder, be real nice of her to make me some, lol.

Wicked109 likes this.
  7. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

I tried to get my daughter to make them but she declined.

8. Nothing better in the morning than Grandma's biscuits and fried apples, sad that will never happen again

Wicked109 and Ron Eagle Elk like this.
  9. I'm sorry she didn't make them for you. I mentioned the idea to Hubby and we're going to try them this coming weekend...maybe...if I remember to get the apple butter and crescents :rolleyes:

Wicked109 and Big Dog like this.
  10. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    My problem is half the time when I do remember to get what I need. I forget what it was I was going to do with the ingredients.

11. I solved that problem by copying the recipe and taking it to the store with me, then putting all the ingredients in as few bags as possible, then stick the recipe in with them. :)

Wicked109 and Ron Eagle Elk like this.