close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm here

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

We seem to have lost the new guys. There are many highly experienced shooters on this site. If you beginners have any questions about how guns work, maintenance, or especially, SAFETY, please ask.

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Is it true that the harder you pull the trigger,the faster the bullet goes? :D

3. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Yeah Wes that sounds about right to me

4. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

I think you have that bass-ackward: The faster you pull the trigger, the harder the bullet hits! -UR.

5. No, the faster you "sling" the gun forward, the faster the bullet!

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

No, it does not matter how fast you pull the trigger. The most important thing is to close your eyes as you pull the trigger. That way, the FORCE will guide the bullet.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2002
  7. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I sure hope no new guy thinks we're serious,could you imagine someone trying all this stuff?

8. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

You mean to tell me that we are not supposed to close our eyes and slap that trigger as hard and as fast as we can while shoving the barrel(firearm) forward? Maybe that's why I haven't hit a target yet!! Next you'll be tellin me that I should be holdin my pistol upright so I can use the sights instead of over on its side!! -UR.

9. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Sights? Where are those?

10. Hey, yo... Is it true when you shoot holding the gun sideways, that it is more accurate?:rolleyes: See, I have this theory that if your target is running sideways away from you, the recoil from holding the gun sideways will give the proper lead time to hit him...er.. the target.:D :rolleyes:

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

"You got to have a real strong hammer to make the bullet go real fast..." (quote)

You will think I'm lying, but I had a guy in college tell me that... and I have witnesses!

Jesse

12. wes

wes G&G Newbie

College boys.:rolleyes:

13. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

How do guns Work?

How do you do maintence on a nonworking gun?

14. I went to an indoor range in St. Louis and some boys were shooting sideways,one of them hit the target at 25ft.one time out of ten shots and they started high fiving him saying you the man.Didn't make much sense to me,but I was trying to get a little practice in on my lunch hour.

15. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    dont ya spose to have them homeboy sights ifn ya is gonna be shootn sideways. hahaha:cool:

16. Jay rh

Jay rh G&G Newbie

Hi All, I am new to this site but not new to sights! Just looking around trying to make up my mind on getting a C&R and which type rifles. Kinda leaning toward 7.62x54R Russian stuff as I want to keep to 1 kind of ammo. Comments? Jay

17. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I guess you like M-Ns then. I got a M44, myself. But many more C&R guns are available in 7.62x39 or 8mm mauser (7.92x57).

18. warren47

warren47 G&G Newbie

If they hold their handguns sideways,

what about their rifles? Do they hold them sideways also?

Just curious

Warren47

19. KidKwiK

KidKwiK G&G Newbie

Everyone has to own an Mosin.
    Didn't you here its the law :) :)

20. Dan

Dan G&G Newbie

For those of us who use rifles can we turn the rifle on it's side and fire ? I hope the target only moves to the right it's kinda awkward tilting the rifle the other direction. Man will I get confused if that target moves back and forth.
    Dan