Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
i dont know, its already hit about what its worth. im not a big fan of the boyds overgrown stocks and mismatched handguards. if you like it though, its your money. and they are fun to shoot!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
wow!!! looks like mine (snicker snicker) :p

except i bought mine from the original DCM purchaser :)

if you are willing to go through the hoops get one from the CMP they have a store in Ohio, you can pick your own.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,061 Posts
Pretty Garand. But, from a purists stand-point, it has no historical value - it's been rebuilt with too many new parts. Only the receiver is original?
We see rifles like this for $750 in our gunshows. Well, maybe not quite as pretty . . .
The "buy it now" price is about what you'd pay for a spanking new SA these days.
It's a nice rifle, but certainly no deal.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just thought it was a really nice looking rifle....CMP is only 50 miles away from me...just don't desire Garands.....

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
CMP is the better deal if you want one to rebuild and still come up with as good a looking rifle order a Greek Garand Rack grade from them for $295 and rebuild it stocks are 150 and depending on the condition of parts you can come in well under the 800 price tag. anyway with CMP you have a verified origion of the piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts