I'm such a nice coworker

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 9mmXDm, Oct 8, 2010.

1. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I went to the range yesterday and shot my XDm9 (9mm) and my BERSA Thunder 380.

I always pick up my brass because I am using state game lands range and it is the law. However a lot of people do not.

So whatever 9mm Luger brass I shoot I give to my coworker, have since I got my XDm9 (9mm).

He doesn't reload .380ACP so I just through them out.

However I try to look for some other brass that he might reload.

Well I hit the jackpot yesterday. I found a few dozen .40S&W casings laying around maybe 4 or 5 dozen. I found all my 50 casings of 9mm and many more and found some .45AUTO too. Lucked out and found some nickel coated brass .357Magnums also!

Needless to say I didn't have anything to truly put them in, other then my leftover empty box of Federal Champion 9mm Luger which did nicely except for the other 100 or so casings, LOL.

I improvised and made a casing holder from unused targets and a staple gun. It worked! Sadly the casings were all mud covered and waterlogged and dirt filled and soaked through, but I remided that with another target and some string from some milsurplus ammo. Put them all in my range bag and went on my way.

I have a feeling my coworker is going to be very very happy this morning when he see the ziplock bag full of casings I brought for him. I owe him $50 still for the M44 he sold me, I should see if he take that in brass. LMAO.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I just handed them off to him. He was very thankful and apprecited them a lot.

3. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

You should sell some of those that you throw away and make yourself some money.

4. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Reloadable brass is great trade bait!!! Put them up on the brass trader forum here under the trading post! Trading for brass is how I got a lot of brass that I reload. Plus, it is kinda fun to trade brass around.

5. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I could, but don't you have to be a supporting member on here to SELL in that forum?

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

All the more reason to become a contributing member.

7. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I realize the forum needs money to keep going, but I just don't have the funds to be able to do that. Even if it is just a $1 to be a CM on the site.

I will just continue to throw them out. Because I just wont contriubte to be able to sell on the forum or any forum.