close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Improve Capital Punishment

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 27, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I think there should be swifter execution of punishment :nod: If someone is convicted of first degree murder they should be executed the same way their victims died :eek: Andrea Yates should be drowned in a bathtub like her five children :mad: These extended appeals processes give plenty of time for jailhouse conversions to devout Christianity an opportunity denied to the innocent victims :nod: Any thoughts ? :fuss:

2. EZ1

EZ1 G&G Newbie

I truly beleive that if your going to execute someone, and they have been conviced beyond a shadow of dout, that it should be done in a timely matter.

The new SANITIZED method, (IV) in the arm I cant understand.
    Why do they use a NEW NEEDLE everytime. Are they afraid the patient will Get AIDS . Save money Use the same needle and save the state 25.00:nod:

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I like the electric chair in Florida...The one that sets them on fire

4. EZ1

EZ1 G&G Newbie

I live in Florida, and down here they Called the CHAIR "OLD SPARKEY"

When they used it the SPARKS flew.

Darn, thats enough to make your hair stand up :D

5. I fully agree with aswifter dealth penalty, but we have already found several inmates in Ny's death row that are not guilty of anything other than haveing an over worked public defender.
    If we speed up the sentance order we must make some sort of provision to hold the lawyers acountable if it is later determined that the imate was not the real perp. DNA evidence has already cleared several husbands convicted of the murder of thier wives.
    If it where you that was wrongly convicted would you like a speedy sentance with a public defender on your side?

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

THINGS MUST BE TAKEN SLOWLY TO MAKE SURE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY APPEALS AND DELAYS OF EXECUTIONS. IF ITS BEYOND A DOUBT...BYE BYE DIRTBAG!

7. I know-- on a deserted island like the movie " No Escape" with Ray Liotta.

8. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

only if it is done within a reasonable amount of time will the death penalty ever be a deterant such as 1 year from date of conviction

9. The same DNA technology which has cleared many wrongly convicted on death row, could and should be used if possible before sentencing. If DNA evidence is available and or there is a confession or no reasonable doubt, then sentencing should take place quickly. If there is doubt then the death penalty should not be impossed, this would help to eliminate the accidental execution argument and result in swifter action.

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The best solution would be to take out VIOLENT criminals in the act.

11. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Of course, then you'd be the one on trial for your life.

12. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Depends upon the mood of society at the time

This issue goes back and forth, depending upon the mood of our society. My thinking is that we're too easy on criminals and they should serve full sentence. We should forget about paroles. Of course, we wouldn't want to pay for more prisons, etc. so where do they spend time?

Don't like the Taliban's harshness but we can't coddle convicted criminals, either. A good issue could be made for more work gangs where something constructive could be accomplished.

Oxford

13. I agree with Klaus,if their's no doubt the murderer is in your sights,then pull the trigger.It would save society a lot of dinero.

14. "I agree with Klaus,if their's no doubt the murderer is in your sights,then pull the trigger.It would save society a lot of dinero."

I don't think so, If we tried to save $ like this. The liberal lawyers would just sue the police dept. and or you and the punks family would be rich. at least this way the scum that spauned them won't prosper to make more like them.

15. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I think you are far less likely to be sued by a corpse who was caught in the act than a wounded perp.

16. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Personally, I think we should imitate the Middle East. Beheadings are quite gruesome. I also recall watching a movie a few years ago where they used an elephant to crush a mans' head for execution. The electric chair is good, and sometimes the people live a little longer than they are supposed to. Gives them time to reflect.
    As far as expediting the executions, the John Wayne Gacey's, the Jeffrey Dahmer's, and the Ted Bundy's should be executed immediately, without a chance of appeal. No appeal was heard from the victim, and there should be none for the perp. JMHO

17. Klaus, I was refering to the familys of said perps not the perps themselves.
    Calvin, I agree in cases of mass murderers it should be done at end of trial. and puplicly.

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Good point Klaus..Alan C I like that island idea. the "Escape from New York" thing....hmnn

19. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

In "Escape from New York" they gave incoming prisoners the option of "Euthanasia" like Mr Tim McVeigh basically opted for..

20. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan G&G Newbie

Swift, classic execution for me for those sanamaguchis... firing squad.... a bullet in the head.. done.

mon