close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In an astoundingly treasonous statement last week

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 29, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

INS Commissioner Refuses
    To Honor Oath of Office
    By Wayne Hicks
    Published 05. 29. 02 at 8:27 Sierra Time

In an astoundingly treasonous statement last week at a joint press conference with Mexican officials in Tucson, Arizona, INS Commissioner James Ziglar said that it is not possible to enforce the law against the estimated 9-11 million illegal aliens in the country... and that he does not believe that immigration laws should be enforced!
    Citing willingness of American employers to hire cheap labor, in direct disregard for laws prohibiting the hiring of illegal immigrants, Ziglar said that workers {from} other countries {who are} willing to accept the wages and working conditions being offered" should be allowed to enter this country and take jobs from law-abiding Americans!

"We need to set up a regime where we don't have to spend so much of our time and effort," said Ziglar, "in enforcement activities dealing with people who are not terrorists, who are not threats to our national security, who are economic refugees."

Illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually in public assistance, Medicaid, and lost wages from unavailable jobs for lawful citizens. Such costs are indeed a threat to our National Security, since mass unemployment makes it more difficult for legitimate avenues of government to perform lawfully vital functions.

Ziglar's classification of illegal immigrants as "economic refugees" is an insult to those millions of American citizens, whether natural or naturalized, who are living in substandard economic conditions because of a work force that has been artificially flooded by the Government's refusal to halt the flood of illegal immigration into this country, or to prosecute employers who blatantly disregard laws preserving American jobs for American Citizens.

© 2002 SierraTimes.com (unless otherwise noted) This article may not be reproduced without expressed permission from Sierra Times.com or the author.

Your Feedback.....Forward This Article...Print Friendly Version..

:mad:

2. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

ITS JUST AS MUCH zIGLAR'S JOB TO GO FIND THESE EMPLOYERS AND PUT THE CASE TOGETHER AGAINST THEM

3. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

I support his statement BUT

I support these people's desire and often sympathise with them to strive for a better life, better health care, better education etc...

But we cannot afford to bankroll immigrants coming into this country legally or illegaly. We largely have ourselves to blame as it is liberal politics that makes it so easy for these people to get the benefits that they come here for. I am all for helping someone when they are down but I strongly oppose any program that has an open invitation for anyone who arrives, citizen or not. I also believe that we should attack these businesses that hire illegals intentionally. This type of thinking and political farce is why we have ATMs in spanish and english, why we have street signs in both languages. It is absurd. Why are state agencies are looking to hire bilingual employees.

I do not know how we will be able to combat illegal immigrants when we have such an open border, much of which is desolate. A wall?

I don't think it should be a crime to find a better life for yourself. It is a crime to illegally take funds for us and State citizens when you are neither. Those of you who tought job security, THAT'S CAPITALISM - a man is going to hire the cheapest labor he can find. And these jobs they are taking aren't high paying jobs either.

4. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

They just want to enforce the laws they want to. If they think it will get them votes, then thats what they will do.

The gov't is just looking for a cheaper better way to bring drugs into the country so they can bank role their goings on.

Go to keepandbeararms.com and go to the news link about the Bush's and drugs. then you'll see what I'm talking about.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Stopper, I looked up that link and read the articles you referred to. I think everyone should read it to see just how far Bush-bashers will stretch unfounded allegations to build their house-of-cards case against GW.

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

THE REPUBLICANS ARE COUNTING ON THE HISPANIC VOTE BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER WIN THE BLACK VOTE NO MATTER WHAT WE SAY OR DO. UNFORTUNATELY THATS WHAT ITS ALL COMING DOWN TO. WHITE PEOPLE STAY HOME IN RECORD NUMBERS WHILE MINORITYS COME OUT AND VOTE TO CHANGE THINGS! THEY MIGHT BE MINORITYS BUT THEY ARE NOT STUPID!

7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Alan Keyes for president.

8. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Hot entirely true

This is one honky cracker that is always at the polls.

9. Zigler should be cut as they do a young boar. Maybe that would get his thinking more in line with the needs of our country. It couldn't hurt.