close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

in case you have a nosey Doctor

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Okay Guys I have had a few lawyers review this and please feel free to print it and distribute it to your doc if you are ever asked about your toys. the small lines just 2 or 3 spaces are for the initials of the doc.

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

thank you Shaun...BTW long time no see...

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

been doing a lot of work around the house and I have been limited to being on only in the evenings

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Shaun: I tried bringing up this link and gave up because it was taking too long. I'm assuming it was something worthwhile. Hopefully someone will summarize what I missed seeing. I didn't have that much patience.
    Oxford

5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I'll post it beloew it is a word doc.

PHYSICIAN OR EDUCATOR QUALIFICATIONS AND LIABILITY FIREARMS SAFETY COUNSELING REPRESENTATION:

PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATIONS AND LIABILITY Part One: Qualifications I affirm that I am certified to offer (Name of Patient:_________________________________________________ ), hereinafter referred to as "the Patient", qualified advice about firearms safety in the home, having received: Specify Course(s) of Study:________________________________________________ from: Specify Institution(s) _____________________________________________________ on: Specify Course Completion Date(s):_____________________________________ resulting in: Specify Accreditation(s), Certification(s), License(s) etc.:________________________________ Check one, as appropriate: ___ I represent that I have reviewed applicable scientific literature pertaining to defensive gun use and beneficial results of private firearms ownership. I further represent that I have reviewed all other relevant home safety issues with the Patient, including those relating to electricity, drains, disposals, compactors, garage doors, driveway safety, pool safety, pool fence codes and special locks for pool gates, auto safety, gas, broken glass, stored cleaning chemicals, buckets, toilets, sharp objects, garden tools, home tools, power tools, lawnmowers, lawn chemicals, scissors, needles, forks, knives, etc. I also acknowledge, by receiving this document, I have been made aware that, in his inaugural address before the American Medical Association on June 20, 2001, new president Richard Corlin, MD, admitted
    "What we don't know about violence and guns is literally killing us...researchers do not have the data to tell how kids get guns, if trigger locks work, what the warning signs of violence in schools and at the workplace are and other critical questions due to lack of research funding." (UPI). In spite of this admission, I represent that I have sufficient data and expertise to provide expert and clinically sound advice to patients regarding firearms in the home. OR ___ I am knowingly engaging in Home/Firearms Safety Counseling without certification, license or formal training in Risk Management, and; I have not reviewed applicable scientific literature pertaining to defensive gun use and beneficial results of private firearms ownership. Part Two: Liability I have determined, from a review of my medical malpractice insurance, that if I engage in an activity for which I am not certified, such as Firearms Safety Counseling, the carrier (check one, as appropriate): ___ will ___ will not cover lawsuits resulting from neglect, lack of qualification, etc. Insurance Carrier name, address and policy number insuring me for firearms safety expertise:

______________________________________________________________________________ I further warrant that, should the Patient follow my firearm safety counseling and remove from the home and/or disable firearms with trigger locks or other mechanisms, and if the patient or a family member, friend or visitor is subsequently injured or killed as a result of said removal or disabling, that my malpractice insurance and/or personal assets will cover all actual and punitive damages resulting from a lawsuit initiated by the patient, the patient's legal representative, or the patient's survivors.

Signature of attesting physician and date:

___________________________________________________ Name of attesting physician (please print):

__________________________________________________ Signature of patient and date:
    ____________________________________________________________ Name of patient (please print):
    ____________________________________________________________ Note to patient: Indicate if physician "REFUSED TO
    SIGN." Ask physician to place copy in chart/medical record.

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

None of your d a m n business DOC!!! Is what I tell 'em!

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Down with insurance companies, lawyers and politicians

Seems everyone wants to get in the legal mode these days. Everyone is out to protect their own butts.

Personally, I'd like to prevent lawyers and politicians from qualifying for any insurance. Let them pay the whole bill. Without them the insurance companies wouldn't be charging exorbitant fees.

Certainly, the doctors should keep out of the business of counseling patients on gun safety and gun use.

Oxford :assult:

8. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

My doctor is cool about firearms. He doesn't own any, but says he understands why people do have them. He won't ask if you have them. He just reminds you that if you do have one, and have kids at home, to please keep them out of reach.

9. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

firearms ownership is nothing more than common sense which I have seen many people don't have these days and thats why they want to delegate the responsibility to the governement and more crappy laws

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I believe common sense is the best policy.

11. COMMON SENSE

SAW A LINE ON A CALANDER IN THE 40,S

COMMON SENSE IS GENIUS DRESSED IN WORKING CLOTHES

DANA

12. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

I just went in for a physical. The doc asked my hobbies. I told him about shooting. He told me that he is a shooter also. He grew up in the Phoenix area and used to go shooting all the time up in Tanto National Forest. I was so relieved. Now he wants me to find him a hi-cap .357sig. It is pretty cool to talk guns with my doctor instead of getting that liberal nosey crap that I read so much about.

13. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

A good method to find hunting places.

I had a friend who was a dentist. He told me that when patients were in his office he'd indirectly find out if they had a place where he could hunt. If so, then he'd ask permission to hunt there.

Then he kept a file on places to hunt. Sounded like a good idea to me.

Oxford:D :nod:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2002
  14. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Lenny I have heard the Sig Pro is a perfect Hi cap rig it comes with both barrels so he can have a 40 and the 357 sig

15. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Thanks Shaun. I'll look into it.