In Honor of AH, Post 6K

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by .22guy, Oct 7, 2010.

1. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

I'd like to dedicate my 6000th post here at gunandgame in honor of our late friend, Mike aka ArkasasHunter.

RIP AH, I hope the hunting is great, wherever you are.

2. Alan Duke

Alan Duke G&G Evangelist

Very nice... I still get a lump in my throat when I see an old post from Mike. I can't even bring myself to take his number off my phone. I leave it there to remind me of what a true friend really is.

3. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

You're not the only one buddy.

4. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

I feel the same way.

Just the other day I saw someone that responded to a question he had asked on a thread. It made me sad.

5. rob g

rob g G&G Regular

Kansas
    I never got to meet mike but I had hoped to someday.
    When I asked for a prayer request for my sister he was the first one to respond. I would like to meet a lot of the members that are on the site, and somedayI know that I will fineally get to meet him.
    Thankyou Mike
    Rob

6. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I've been reviewing my posts in an effort to help to get the site cleared of any cut and paste posts of articles. Reading the interaction makes me think of the phone conversations with Mike and how he always seemed to be concerned with someone else. He is missed.

Thank you for dedicating this thread .22guy.

7. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Was it ever determined what was the cause of his passing?
    He was young.

8. He is one of those members that I dont think will ever be forgotten, years down the road some of us may come and go but im sure there will always be some one on here who remembers good ol mike...I miss him, never got the pleasure to talk to him on the phone but I enjoyed talking to him online.

I believe it was an allergic reaction to medication he was taking for his sinus head aches.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  9. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

AH always made me laugh and that something I will always miss about him.
    It's real nice of you to honor him in this way .22guy!!!

10. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Thank you AllAlaskan, that is scary, and a note to those to be careful with their meds.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

AH(Mike) was Gun & Game........... On Friday or Saturday nights I would pull up Youtube video songs from yesteryear. Mike never met a stranger or a person he didn't like....... Mike always looked forward to my Hit Parade from the 60's and 70's........ I talked to Mike on the phone a few times. He was full of life and trusted in our Lord. He was a kind and decent man. I miss him, terribly and as I type this my eyes are welling up in tears............ I will never forget our last telephone conversation. Rest in peace my friend. You impacted us all with your friendship and I feel honored to have known you and call you my friend........

12. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

AH gave us so much in many ways, and will always be missed.

13. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

Once I posted somewhere, can't remember now, that Mike was one of the best, if not the best member of Gun and Game.

We all know Mike, he was taken back by it and couldnt believe that someone would post something like that, but I meant it. His energy and really straight talk will be missed.

I remember those posts Brother Bob, they were fun. I got him going on Wolly Bully or something, it was funny.