close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Incredible Space and Astronomy Pictures of 2017

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Ten Man, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Thanks for the article and pictures, I enjoyed them. The picture of Saturn has me scratching my head a little. Looks like it may have been doctored up a bit. If it's real, no retouching, it is just amazing. So Sharp!......

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

There's no air to distort the light waves, so the space pictures are clear as they can be.

neophyte, Rocky7, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I like this one of the Earth. It is supposed to be the most detailed picture of Earth ever taken from space.

58e3e54777bb7028008b6333-1536-1152  EARTH Detailed.jpg

Rambo, neophyte, Rocky7 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

When you look at a real picture of Earth, and can not see the atmosphere, it is because the atmosphere is only 100,000 feet thick, which is the same as 19 miles. The Earth's diameter is over 8,000 miles, so the atmosphere is only 0.002375 the thickness of the diameter of the Earth

Rambo, neophyte, Rocky7 and 3 others like this.
  5. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Amazing........this is a IMG_4214.jpg photo from my driveway in Gladstone Mo. on the 21st... Shot was 200 mm lense on Canon camera 1/60 f 5.6. I only cleaned up the background noise. You can see Bailey's beads at around 4:30 & 5 oclock.

6. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

My brother and I waited for about an hour in bright sunlight for the eclipse. About thirty minutes prior I began to worry about a line of clouds coming from the west. It arrived at the very end of the event and allowed me to get the real deal.....
    Beautiful stuff posted here Ten Man !

7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

You were so fortunate to be able to see it. Great shot!

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Get photos Ten Man and FortyXDN!!!

9. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

Colorado
    Very cool pictures!

I was going to create a new thread but i figured you guys might like this:

Tungsten rods from space hit earth with the force of nuke but no fallout

the sheer velocity creates so much force that the impact release incredible energy.

kinda makes me think about how light, high velocity cartridges are soo effective.

http://www.businessinsider.com/air-...c-weapon-hit-with-nuclear-weapon-force-2017-9

10. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I read that article, also. It's not been put into operation (that we know of) yet, but if it was, it would be devastating.

This picture is amazing. The red circle points out the Earth and Moon, as seen between the rings of Saturn, by the space camera flying by Saturn. If you zoom in on the picture, you can see the tiny dot that is our Moon.
    58fa3a3c0ba0b8db158b506c-1920-1339  Earth Seen Between Saturn's Rings.png

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

[​IMG]

What gets me is beautiful pictures like this.....yet there are STILL people who really believe the Earth is flat, that we never landed on the moon, and all pictures of any planets are fake.

PAPA G, jwrauch, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  12. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

There will always be luddites.

13. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Attached Files:

neophyte likes this.
  14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

15. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I thought you would like that!:D